What's new

Show Us Your Sweetest Razor!!!

Ray--
Beautiful razors! No wonder you wanted to show them off.

Diggity--
First time I've ever heard of or seen a Coronation model. That one has aged well.

Below is the razor that I'd keep if I had to get rid of all others...

Ray--

Diggity--
First time I've ever heard of or seen a Coronation model. That one has aged well.

Nice!!! I love the texture on that blade...

This #16 is about the only fancy DE remaining in my shave den.

The Fredrick's straight is no fancy razor, just a very fine shaver.

Wow.

What is it?

..and where can I get one?

Ray--

Diggity--

Picked up this sweet setup at Sotheby's London last year. The amply-sized lather bowl has been fashioned from finest garnet and was originally Tsar Nicolas II's eggcup, given to him by Teddy Roosevelt in 1901. The razor itself shared an equally illustrious history having been used by Mohandas Gandhi from 1931 to 1937 for his morning shave. How these two amazing historical pieces managed to find each other would now be difficult to say with any certainty, but suffice to say that for only 17600 pounds I figure I got a deal. :wink:

proxy.php

You have one of those too?? The Nigerian that sold it to me told me it was the only set like that in the world. :mad3:

Picked up this sweet setup at Sotheby's London last year. The amply-sized lather bowl has been fashioned from finest garnet and was originally Tsar Nicolas II's eggcup, given to him by Teddy Roosevelt in 1901. The razor itself shared an equally illustrious history having been used by Mohandas Gandhi from 1931 to 1937 for his morning shave. How these two amazing historical pieces managed to find each other would now be difficult to say with any certainty, but suffice to say that for only 17600 pounds I figure I got a deal. :wink:

proxy.php

Lucky:blushing:

Top Bottom