What's new

Show Us Your Sweetest Razor!!!

I think everyone here owns at least one if not two razors that they think are the sweetest, coolest, most awesome looking razors in thier possession.

It took awhile for me to work through mine but I finally picked out these two.

1) My 1909 Gillette ABC Empire Model A855621
2) My 2008 - 1884 Reynolds Custum Refine.

Let's see your pride and joy!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

I think everyone here owns at least one if not two razors that they think are the sweetest, coolest, most awesome looking razors in thier possession.

It took awhile for me to work through mine but I finally picked out these two.

1) My 1909 Gillette ABC Empire Model A855621
2) My 2008 - 1884 Reynolds Custum Refine.

Let's see your pride and joy!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

OK, how are any of us supposed to compete with that?!!

Everytime I see that straight that you did the laser work on, I literally salivate...
Not that the DE was too shabby, but I love that str8!!!
Good stuff...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm sure that a lot of guys have some incredible straights, but that DE is one of the coolest ones I've ever seen.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back?

I'm sure that a lot of guys have some incredible straights, but that DE is one of the coolest ones I've ever seen.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back?

If memory serves me correctly, I coughed up 110.00 for it. It's Silver Plate.

They are both beautiful ray. My favorite is not because its special or rare or anything, its because it was an English tech used by my great granddad and my granddad and now me. It really has a sentimental presence for me

Ray, you’ve started too strong. :biggrin: Now the common mortals are embarrassed to show our trivial razors….

Seriously, the DE is very nice, but the straight is amazing. Have you posted an explanation of the work you’ve done there? I’ve searched, but couldn’t found any reference to it…

Thanks!

Picked up this sweet setup at Sotheby's London last year. The amply-sized lather bowl has been fashioned from finest garnet and was originally Tsar Nicolas II's eggcup, given to him by Teddy Roosevelt in 1901. The razor itself shared an equally illustrious history having been used by Mohandas Gandhi from 1931 to 1937 for his morning shave. How these two amazing historical pieces managed to find each other would now be difficult to say with any certainty, but suffice to say that for only 17600 pounds I figure I got a deal. :wink:

proxy.php

Picked up this sweet setup at Sotheby's London last year. The amply-sized lather bowl has been fashioned from finest garnet and was originally Tsar Nicolas II's eggcup, given to him by Teddy Roosevelt in 1901. The razor itself shared an equally illustrious history having been used by Mohandas Gandhi from 1931 to 1937 for his morning shave. How these two amazing historical pieces managed to find each other would now be difficult to say with any certainty, but suffice to say that for only 17600 pounds I figure I got a deal. :wink:

proxy.php

:lol::lol::lol: Nice.....

Top Bottom