What's new

Shoes

Allen Edmonds "Jackson" will be on sale during the Nordstroms Annual Anniversary Sale starting July 18th. The sale price is $229.90 the reg. price is $350.00

Yeah, that $200 budget didn't stay very firm. I ended up with a pair of AEs. Have since bought another as well. Haha.

Until recently I would agree. I found recently that you have wear Loake shoes in. I'm not sure if they changes their manufacturing or something but they are not the same shoe as was 10-15 years ago.

Now I much prefer Barker. http://www.barker-shoes.co.uk

These are great. Probably expensive in the US though. A good place to get all great shoe makes in the UK is here http://www.pediwear.co.uk

Hope this helps,

N

Allen Edmonds in black, smooth or cap toe without perforations i.e. easier to polish and stay cleaner, blucher or bal oxford. Favorites over the years are Dover, Stafford, Globetrotter, and my all time favorites; Park Avenue.

V

VR6ofpain

I really want to see the AE "Seven" series Sorano in person. The photo online looks great. I am not a fan of laceless shoes, but I could rock these.

My brother just gave me a pair of Ferragamo's that are just awesome. I bought a pair of shoes while visiting Florence on my honeymoon and despite how great they were, I accepted the fact that they were about a half size too big. Fortunately my brother has a foot a half size larger and tons of shoes (he used to work at Nordstroms and became a shoe and clothes snob). He didn't like the Ferragamo's, but I think they are just awesome.

The build is right up there with AE...though the finish is superior. The leather on these Ferragamo's is amazingly soft. Amazing shoes that went for $450 new, he scored them for $200. I got them in a trade!

But isn't buying clothes/shoes online a risky thing?

I agree - I have purchased my first pair of English shoes today - a beautiful black pair of Barker Northampton's. Usually I take size 11 UK - my Barker's are size 9 1/2 and I would rather try them in a shop and be sure before purchasing. With T-shirts and cheaper items I have no problem buying online at all but shoes are like jeans - I need to try them to make sure they fit perfectly.

Top Bottom