What's new

I need new shoes

I have worn Birkenstock Boston Clogs for about 10 years. I still have the original pair but they are not looking good enough for work anymore. I replaced them about 2 years ago and have already had the recent pair re-soled. I went to put them on today and the whole back section of cork sole has split. I need something like the Birkenstock insole as it helps hold my arches and helps keep my back aligned while standing on hard tile all day in a classroom. I had bad sciatica many years ago and narrowing disks in my lower back. Since wearing the Birkenstocks I have no more back issues usually. Any suggestions for a good all day shoe that could give me similar support but maybe more durable?

Birkenstock has come a long way with their prices but on the other hand also upped the game on their models.

These ones look pretty professional with Chinos and are as easy to slip on as the Boston.

3FB6A1E0-53C2-4D2B-9213-9D8239681851.jpeg

6F6AE108-97EB-4540-AE3B-2B2312762D78.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you considered custom removeable insoles? That way you have much more flexibility and variability in the shoes that you can choose to wear. I use foot levelers myself.

Sounds like you have already found a good pair of shoes and just need to replace them.

I also like Birkenstock's and got a new pair to replace an old worn-out pair. Like any shoe, sizing can be tricky as I replaced a "Narrow" footbed with a "standard/wide" footbed of the same length as the Narrow ones were a little narrow. But in my case it really depended on whether they are worn with regular socks, thick socks, or sockless as to what fit the best. If you already have the size sorted out I would buy another pair of the same without hesitation.

Top Bottom