What's new

Shaving Soap Acquisitions

Nice. The scent and performance is awesome but my skin reacted to it twice so can't use it. Enjoy
I am looking forward to it. It is really unfortunate that you are reacting to the soap. I wonder what it is.

I noticed in your post above that you have a tub of CRSW Fragile Confusion. What is that like? I have three different tubs of Glide (Colonia Mediterranea, Madman's Bouquet and Olfactory Hue) but cannot seem to find a scent that rings my bell. I really like this Glide base--top tier for me--so it has been a little frustrating trying one after the other without success.

HPIM0286.JPG

Found out there was a L'Occitane store about 2 miles from here.

I have some Cade to try now.

I am looking forward to it. It is really unfortunate that you are reacting to the soap. I wonder what it is.

I noticed in your post above that you have a tub of CRSW Fragile Confusion. What is that like? I have three different tubs of Glide (Colonia Mediterranea, Madman's Bouquet and Olfactory Hue) but cannot seem to find a scent that rings my bell. I really like this Glide base--top tier for me--so it has been a little frustrating trying one after the other without success.
I wish I could help you but I haven't used it yet. Hope to soon. If you've read my journal at the other place you know I'm 3017ing .........or trying to a tub of GTB and haven't gotten to at least 3 tubs of new soap. This is my 1st CRSW and the scent off the tub is very light. It's described quite well on the site that it is light (Fragile) and then as lathered it comes out and disappears and comes out again(Confusion) That intrigued me and looking forward to trying it. The reviews on their site seem to bear it out if you want to read them. I also would scrape out and send you a sample if you'd like to try it. Just pm me.

View attachment 903994
Found out there was a L'Occitane store about 2 miles from here.

I have some Cade to try now.

Tried it this morning. I like the fragrance. From the ingredients(translated from Botanical names) Cade (lol, I thought this was a brand, it's a type of juniper) , sandalwood (had to look up fusanus spicatus wood oil), Immortelle (common wild flower in Italy), Rosemary leaf, sunflower seed, barley extract seems to be the fragrance.

It also left my face feeling great, lathered well, good cushion and slick. Will definitely be using this in the future. Not sure if it will knock VDH Luxury out of my usage, at 3-4 times the price, but will definitely use very often.

1534293865205543620880.jpg

1534293949963580532453.jpg
PAA's chocolate bourbon and avo nice shave. Chocolate Bourbon smells heavenly if you're into gourmands. It smells and even looks like brownie batter. I can't wait to shave with it.

Avo nice shave smells great too and the avocado pit in the soap was a creative touch.
1534294197129620420069.jpg
1534294239343471737709.jpg

Maggards is only a 4.5 hour drive away, but still took a week to get these in. Thought I'd get lucky with the standard shipping. As far as the soaps go, I'm liking the NO Flying Otter based on scent alone. Definite leather heavy, but not as much as Reef Point Aviator. Chypre Rose is pretty good too, although I prefer the King of Oud over it. I expect the performance will be excellent, so can see myself keeping it around for a long time. Captain's Pipe is a dud based on scent alone. I'll I'm getting is an amaretto scent, which isn't up my alley. Don't detect any pipe tobacco in it whatsoever. That one may be hitting BST soon unless the shave is phenomenal.

The Fine AS samples are both superb. I'd give the nod to L' Orange Noir, but I'm also a big fan of Terre d' Hermes.

20180816_170118.jpg

linty1

My wallet cries.
0D3BE085-7A62-4EED-8B39-5465FB353B1B.jpeg

^ Just placed an order for the above from TopOftheChain.... rationalized it with "if I wait till summer my order might melt in transit" and "doing my part to help the local econ" lol

Top Bottom