What's new

Shaving Soap Acquisitions

There is a shaving cream acquisitions thread but I didn't see one for soaps. So here goes. This morning I ordered some soaps I've been wanting to try.

Stirling Barbershop. I went through one of their samples and really loved the scent so I decided to go for a full puck.

Wet Shaving Products Rustic Amber Vanille. I love vanilla and this one has gotten lots of good reviews so I'm looking forward to this for the winter.

Wet Shaving Products Formula T Barbershop. I like tallow soaps so I figure these two soaps should give me a good sense of how the two different WSP formulas perform. And I'm a big fan of barbershop smells.

These three should be nice additions to the den and give me some good variety for the winter. My citrus scents will get put to the back of the pile until spring time. Can't wait until they arrive.

Cant go wrong with Stirling Barbershop, love the smell and love the performance
proxy.php

Got a bunch of stuff that came in yesterday.
- Phoenix and Beau Obsidian (used it today, it was really nice);
- Phoenix and Beau Albion;
- Nanny's Silly Soap Signature Arabian Nights;
- Nanny's Silly Soap Traditional Morrocan Sands;
- Wickham 1912 Russian Lather (love the scent).

Also, earlier this week got Razorock The Dead Sea. I'm not really sure if I like it or not. The scent is interesting enough and not overpowering, but I've got a bit of burning sensation when using it. I think it's the salt, because the put freaking salt into the soap. :001_huh:

When I was ordering the soaps I was trying to convince myself that the winter it's coming, so I'll get some winter appropriate scents. Just to realize that most of my soaps are winter appropriate, as I'm a sucker for spice scents.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Reveling in the Wholly Kaw Washington's Blend ... stuff smells great; works even better.

PannaCrema Labdano is recent as well. Any recent rotation has those two going back and forth.

AA

Yesterday I ordered Leviathan, Stirling Ozark Mountain and Stirling Gatlinburg. Getting ready for fall =).

I shaved with a sample of Gatlinburg this morning and I can't get enough of it. Reminds me of a campfire.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Yesterday I ordered Leviathan, Stirling Ozark Mountain and Stirling Gatlinburg. Getting ready for fall =).

I shaved with a sample of Gatlinburg this morning and I can't get enough of it. Reminds me of a campfire.
It’s an awesome Fall scent for sure.

Just got Local Gent Kona Colada and tried it out this morning. Great soap. Also got a shave stick of Ariana & Evans Platinum and will be trying that tomorrow am.

I recently purchased and used Barrister and Mann Bay Rum, SFWS/K Shave Worx Florida Keylime Oud, and PAA Oud Spice. I have to say I love the scents and the soaps perform very well. I am especially fond of the B&M Bay Rum. I have Kashmir, Hump Day, and Riptide soaps on the way.

Half an hour ago I ordered this:
Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Bowl, Eton College
Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Bowl, Rose
Proraso Red Shaving Soap for Coarse Beard with Sandalwood and Shea Butter​

I like the TOBS Mr Taylors, so I thought I'd give some others a try.
Got some more Proraso Red just to bump the order up to get free shipping.

These came in last night. Had to be stealthy about opening the package. Wife asked "What's in the packages?" One was some parts for the stove so I said as much. She said what's in the other one? I said, I don't know. I don't think well on my feet. Now that I've opened it up I can say that it was a razor and brush stand I bought for our son. That is true in that the stand was delivered a couple of days earlier but she doesn't know about it yet. I have way too much stuff from my wife's perspective, hence the need to be very discreet if not downright dishonest. I can't wait to try each one. I think I'll try the Amber Vanille first since it is such a departure from my typical scents. The two black containers came empty and I stuck two Stirling samples that I have had for a while in them. That means I have 5 new soaps to try. Well, I've gone through a sample of the Stirling Barbershop already so that scent isn't new. Yum.

IMG_0135-2.jpg

Top Bottom