What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Shaving Everyday

Do you folks shave every day, or do you give yourself days off?

I normally shave M-F and give myself a break on the weekends. I do occasionally shave on weekends as well. I guess it's hard to say. It's probably more accurate to say that I typically shave 5-6 times per week and if I do get a break it is on the weekend.

Before I started wetshaving I would go about 3-4 days without shaving. Basically as long as I could get away with and then some.

But now since I started wetshaving I shave every day because I love it and I am addicted to BBS. If I'm not BBS it bugs me. The only days I don't shave are if I have a day off and I am out and about all day and come back really late and am too tired to shave (I don't always shave first thing in the morning).

I now shave everyday. I used to take off weekends when I hated shaving, but now Saturday and Sunday shaves have become my favorites. They are the most relaxed, luxurious shaves, because I am not rushing off to the office.

Enjoy!

Every day. That was my norm even before going "old-fashioned". I've never tolerated having a bristly face and can't imagine growing a beard....it would drive me nuts!

Everyday, with a rare day off here and there. I enjoy the art of the shave, and look forward to it every day. On days where it's not needed, I only do one or two N-S passes and leave it at that. On work days, I'll go for the full BBS.

Usually six times / week. If I have no reason to look presentable on the weekend might skip both Sat & Sun (but still usually will shave one of those days since I enjoy it). Likewise if I need to look very presentable on both then I'll shave Sat & Sun. Also, the day after a skipped shave tends to yield excellent results (today for example).

Before my wetshaving days I would skip any day that was possible (but still mostly had to shave 5X / week. It was an annoying and uncomfortable chore.

The Nid Hog

Moderator Emeritus
I shave every day. Usually in the morning, but I might do it the night before if I know that I'm going to be pressed for time. On the weekend, I either do it while everybody else is still sleeping or before we go out somewhere in the evening.

I used to shave once every couple of weeks, then I started using a straight and shaved every day for a couple months, generally now I shave every other day.

Top Bottom