What's new

Shaving Cream of the Month - NovemBayRum

Welcome to November, or rather, NovemBayRum, where we will celebrate all things Bay Rum, and in this Forum especially Bay Rum Shave Cream.

It seems that Bay Rum is a scent used in many great shaving products, athough not so many shaving creams. A few that have been mentioned include:

Al's Calypso scent, which is reportedly a Bay Rum scented shaving cream
proxy.php

Classic Shaving's Bay Rum scented shaving cream
proxy.php

And The Gentleman's Quarter and Saint Charles Shave also have Bay Rum scented shaving creams.

I believe there are a lot more Bay Rum scented shaving soaps, for which many of you have a preference, and there are also many Bay Rum scented aftershaves. I'm especially looking forward to picking up the Bay Rum scent in an aftershave.

I look forward to hearing how each of you are enjoying Bay Rum in whatever product or combination you choose. And let us know if you find a particular combination that works especially well.

As always, the rules:

1. Use Bay Rum Shave Cream, or any other Bay Rum product
2. Let us know how you like it by posting in this thread
3. Have fun!!! :thumbup1:

I tried something a little different this morning, at least different for me. I used The Gentleman's Refinery Unscented shaving cream, and before I whipped it up, I added about 1/2 teaspoon of Pinaud's Bay Rum aftershave. This created a great lather with a very nice, strong Bay Rum scent, with no other difference in the lather that I could tell. I wasn't sure if the AS would cause me some sensitivity problems, but it didn't seem to. I'm looking forward to trying AOS Unscented shaving cream the same way. :thumbup1:

My Conk Bay Rum soap just arrived yesterday and I amd about to order some Dominican Lime Bay Rum AS and see how the two pair up.

i really enjoy the ogallala bay rum shaving soap, some people have said they had a hard time getting it to lather but i saw none of that. it lathered up nice and thick. it also had a mild cooling effect from the spices or the bay but that could have been my imagination!?! couple the shave soap with the ogallala bay rum aftershave and finish with the ogallala cologne!!!! layering the scents baby!
i also have the bay rum lime and peppercorn soap but have not tried it yet.

My Conk Bay Rum soap just arrived yesterday and I amd about to order some Dominican Lime Bay Rum AS and see how the two pair up.
I've read the Dominican AS is one of the best.

i really enjoy the ogallala bay rum shaving soap, some people have said they had a hard time getting it to lather but i saw none of that. it lathered up nice and thick. it also had a mild cooling effect from the spices or the bay but that could have been my imagination!?! couple the shave soap with the ogallala bay rum aftershave and finish with the ogallala cologne!!!! layering the scents baby!
i also have the bay rum lime and peppercorn soap but have not tried it yet.
Very nice! :thumbup1:

When it comes to Bay Rum I go Ogallala all the way. Tonights shave included the original bay rum soap, followed by the original aftershave. I love the way the stuff smells...notes of cloves and spices, and I love the warming sensation created by both the soap and aftershave. Bay rum is a great choice to be featured in November!

I used Art of Shaving Unscented this morning with Pinaud's Bay Rum added to the lather like I did with the TGR Unscented. I had forgotten how nice AoS lather is, but my face is starting to feel a little irritation, so I'll have to just go plain unscented for a while. I'll try splashing some Bay Rum on my hands while shaving, as I think I can still enjoy the Bay Rum scent that way.

love bay rum, had my first november shave last night:

Gillette Superspeed
Astra
Shavemac d01 24mm
Proraso Pre/Post (this stuff is amazing!)
Al's the bomb Calypso SC
Ogallala BR/Sandalwood Aftershave

what a great shave!

love bay rum, had my first november shave last night:

Gillette Superspeed
Astra
Shavemac d01 24mm
Proraso Pre/Post (this stuff is amazing!)
Al's the bomb Calypso SC
Ogallala BR/Sandalwood Aftershave

what a great shave!

Sounds awesome! :thumbup1:

I'm a fan of Ogallala's bay rum. I have it in after shave and cologne. So I'll be enjoying it as well as my Clubman Virgin Island bay rum.

I'm going to add Royall Spyce into the mix this month. I know Royall has a Bay Rum, but I like their Spyce better, and with the heavy dose of clove, it's pretty similar to a Bay Rum.

I have used Ogallala bay rum limes and peppercorns soap before and liked it. Although, I have an unused puck of regular bay rum and can't wait to use that one. I like the scent the best.

Also, I recently obtained a puck of SCS bay rum with a twist shaving soap. Smells great and lathers easier than any soap I've used yet.

NovemBayRum seems to have a little less participation than previous "Flavor of the Months". I think that's perfectly understandable, as there aren't as many choices, especially for Bay Rum shaving creams. I hope those of you who are using a Bay Rum cream are still enjoying them, as well as those who are enjoying Bay Rum through aftershaves and colognes, and of course soaps! :thumbup1:

Today, for the first time in five years, I used a Bay Rum product: Ogallala Bay Rum AS. Phil of Bullgoose sent me a sample to try with my most recent purchase. The only other Bay Rum I have tried was Burt's Bees, which had such an off-putting scent for me that I eschewed all Bay Rums. When I first saw the freebie in the box, I thought to myself, "Uhh Bay Rum," but it was free and nice of Phil to throw it in with my order, so I opened the bottle, and took a whif :w00t:"what a great scent!" After using it this morning I discovered that its sting stays longer than any other AS I have used; however, it leaves my skin soft and smooth. The fact I used TOBS Avocado may have contributed to my well conditioned face, but, never-the-less, I'm hooked! Ogallala will be my next AS purchase.

Today, for the first time in five years, I used a Bay Rum product: Ogallala Bay Rum AS. Phil of Bullgoose sent me a sample to try with my most recent purchase. The only other Bay Rum I have tried was Burt's Bees, which had such an off-putting scent for me that I eschewed all Bay Rums. When I first saw the freebie in the box, I thought to myself, "Uhh Bay Rum," but it was free and nice of Phil to throw it in with my order, so I opened the bottle, and took a whif :w00t:"what a great scent!" After using it this morning I discovered that its sting stays longer than any other AS I have used; however, it leaves my skin soft and smooth. The fact I used TOBS Avocado may have contributed to my well conditioned face, but, never-the-less, I'm hooked! Ogallala will be my next AS purchase.

It's fun to find a product that you like after a long time thinking you wouldn't like it. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom