What's new

Shaving Bowls

00D132F9-FC97-42AF-AE11-14D62082DA28.jpeg
I usually face lather now, but "in the beginning" my Alcatraz Water Cup was my bowl choice. Doesn't have fancy ribs or indentations, but fits either of my two brushes well and the little handle keeps it firmly in hand.

I'm a design fanatic, soI happily spent a little more on the handsome lavender/red bowl visible in my avatar pic. From an Etsy firm called Utilemud. Four years now, and I love it, use it every shave.

That is the regular sized bowl. I don't know that I'd like the larger one because this one feels perfect in hand.

Thanks for the reply/help. Looking at the measurements of the larger one on the Captain's Choice website, for my small-ish hands, I think the regular one would be perfectly sized for my hand.

Sometimes I use this when I want a big bowl. Bought it at a second-hand store for a couple of dollars. Its big and heavy, 6 inches in diameter and about 3.5 inch in depth. I can whip up my shaving soap with reckless abandon and make more than I would ever need for my shave.

proxy.php

I like the one on the far left. Does it have one of those classic “feet” as a base? How is it to hold in the hand while building lather?
Thanks man, I took a picture at a different angle to show the base I think the one you commented about is in the middle the two in the front I just got. It lathers OK a tad big in my opinion I have to fish out the brush sometimes. I have been on the prowl at Savers, Goodwill, Estate Sales, Antique stores etc.. The porcelain one on the right fits my Provence Sante refill perfect! I got the idea from Darwin check out rasoirsdarwin.com. Take care ~
003.jpg
one is the perfect size for my

Thanks man, I took a picture at a different angle to show the base I think the one you commented about is in the middle the two in the front I just got. It lathers OK a tad big in my opinion I have to fish out the brush sometimes. I have been on the prowl at Savers, Goodwill, Estate Sales, Antique stores etc.. The porcelain one on the right fits my Provence Sante refill perfect! I got the idea from Darwin check out rasoirsdarwin.com. Take care ~View attachment 869179 one is the perfect size for my

Thanks. That's nice. I've been keeping my eye on a couple like that. But I like your idea of finding one at an antique store or estate sale. I'm sure far more cost effective.

I use a plastic desert form shaper. It works nice although I don't know if it will get damaged by the hot water or not. That's why I got 2. :d.

Purchased this bowl at a local antique mall for $4.00. It has some slight relief inside and has a great base on which to get a good grip. It's 6 inches across which keeps the brush from clanking the sides, which helps when I'm trying to not wake the wife or daughter in the early morning. I've had some others but they've all been relegated to a box of unused shave stuff since I landed this one. I'm usually a face lather kind of guy but I do like to use the bowl with creams such as Body Shop Maca Root.

bowl lather.jpg
lather bowl.jpg

Purchased this bowl at a local antique mall for $4.00. It has some slight relief inside and has a great base on which to get a good grip. It's 6 inches across which keeps the brush from clanking the sides, which helps when I'm trying to not wake the wife or daughter in the early morning. I've had some others but they've all been relegated to a box of unused shave stuff since I landed this one. I'm usually a face lather kind of guy but I do like to use the bowl with creams such as Body Shop Maca Root.

View attachment 869222 View attachment 869223

I REALLY like that one. It’s big but not too big. And it looks great. Nice and congrats on the acquisition.

Top Bottom