What's new

Shave Sticks Review Project

Vlad, you know what else sounds good? Kangaroo tallow shave soap made with real kangaroo fat. Maybe even shape the finished puck to look like a baby kangaroo.:001_tt2:

mharris - Sounds like a great idea except you'll need a fair bit of Kangaroo for that! It's by far and away the leanest meat I have ever had. Kangaroos are really just balls of muscle, not much Kangaroo tallow to be found I'm afraid.

http://www.macromeats.com.au/Nutrition/AmazingNutritionFacts.aspx

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
How is the project going? Has been a while since your last update :huh:

Sorry, I know it's taking a while. I'm in the middle of moving between houses and renovations took all my spare time (well, almost). I still need to reshape the stick into a usable format and post a picture. I am currently using my shave creams so I didn't move to another soap yet. I'm expecting that I should be able to get something here in January at the latest.

Luc

Staff member
I'm still trying to get a hold of my camera but hang in there, it will be worth it. I also got a few goods that will be added to this list.

Luc

Staff member
I still do not have my camera but used the iPod camera as this needs to get back on tracks!
$photo 4.jpg

The empty container weight 120grams according to my kitchen scale. It's not very accurate but I would say it gives an idea. With what's left, I tried to reshape it as a stick and it didn't work well. I soaked the soap in warm water for 5 minutes and that was too much. It's pretty much like shaving cream now. I had a total of 72 shaves with the stick

I also attached a picture of the new stuff. The Palmolive are to compare the packaging but the ingredient are the same. (Gut 2,2) meaning they are the same product with a different formula.
$photo 5.jpg

Since many were mentioning that I Was missing Speick and Valbora, here they are. I will update post 1 with the 2 sticks.

If someone has a suggestion on the next stick, please post in. If not, I will move to the shave stick of my choice.

Last edited:
I say go for the Speick. I haven't tried Valobra, but I have the Palmolives, and even though they are good, the Speick gets my reorders.

Luc

Staff member
I unwrapped the Speick Shave Stick this morning.

I tried Speick in the past and did not like it. I tried it again (still in the past) and liked it this time. It was a matter of scent. Today, I liked it a lot. I had to re-ajust myself since I've been using shaving cream for a good while now. The shave cream do not require nearly as much water. It's a matter of finding the ratio in the next few days but the later was very decent this morning.

So, shave 1 done!

Luc

Staff member
I'm on shave #3, still adjusting. I'm getting something got as a lather but not the best yet (it's a water/product thing). Still working on it but so far, very good soap and the scent is still excellent. I will need to review my Sir Irisch Moos shave stick in the review system this week-end.

Luc

Staff member
This morning, I would say the lather was 99% there. The product vs water ratio seems to become clearer. I had a fresh blade this morning so it was extra good!

This morning, I would say the lather was 99% there. The product vs water ratio seems to become clearer. I had a fresh blade this morning so it was extra good!

Luc, you have to try the Spieck with the AS splash. It's just all so good.

Luc

Staff member
I'm up to shave #10 now with Speick. I'm slowly unwrapping the stick as I use it. The lather is pretty much where I want it now. It works quite well. The scent reminds me of something my dad would wear even if he doesn't do fragrances much.

.... The scent reminds me of something my dad would wear ...

I know what you mean, it has a scent of mature masculinity and respect.

It is easy to use more expensive/popular sticks/soaps/creams, but when I get the whim to use the Speick stick I am just wowed by its simplicity and performance. I have been using my Speick stick for the past few days, and have been really enjoying it. Can't wait to see how many shaves you get from the stick.

Great to see you are up and running again Luc! Have you finished the work in the new house? I love all the Speick products the after shave and balm are miracle workers.

Luc

Staff member
Great to see you are up and running again Luc! Have you finished the work in the new house? I love all the Speick products the after shave and balm are miracle workers.

finished the work? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm almost done with yesterday list. Today and tomorrow's list becomes yesterday tonight! :lol:

Top Bottom