What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

Here is my set up for the coming week:

Pre: Proraso white
Razor: 7-day SR set I made up. One for each day.
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Brushes: This week I will rotate my three badgers
AS: Nivea (alternate splash and ASB)

This week, I will use the Fatip Testina Gentile with a Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge, Mike's Natural Soap unscented, and the Maggard Razors Black and White Synthetic 24mm knot.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

This week, I will use the Fatip Testina Gentile with a Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge, Mike's Natural Soap unscented, and the Maggard Razors Black and White Synthetic 24mm knot.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
This should have been for this past week.

This week is my '64 Slim with a Rapira Platinum Lux, my Pro 49 Omega boar, and Mike's unscented shaving soap.

Sent via my Samsung

I am really enjoying the Stirling Barbershop. This has to be one of my favourites. And to use it for a 7 days in a row is a treat! Seems to get better with each day.

Here is my set up for the coming week:
Razor: Gillette Slim / GSB
Cream: Speick
Brushes: This week I will rotate through my horse hair brushes
ASB: Speick ASB
SWS March 30.jpg

My choices for this week:
Wolfman WR1 razor
Dorco prime blade
Haslinger’s schafmilch soap
Assorted AS and brushes

The setup this week:
'59 Fatboy
Omega Pro '49 boar brush
Mike's Natural Soap unscented (I can see the bottom! I hope to finish it soon, as I made a promise to myself to finish all the soaps I started prior to 2018 before starting a new puck of the three purchased in 2017!)
Blades: I am trying out a Rapira Platinum Lux with 5 shaves on it and also wanting to finish off a Gillette Yellow with six shaves, so half the week with the Rapira and 3 days with the Yellow. Which days with what blade remains to be seen!

I am enjoying "fixing" things for a week, as it has helped with technique, consistency, and ability to compare products. Even compare techniques, as I found out with the boar compared to my usual synthetic brush use.

Great thread. I’ll join for M-F. Weekends though go to my fav soap (SV) and a feather SS razor.

Next week (M-F)
Preshave: None
Razor: ATT R1 kronos
Blade: Feather
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Fine Stout synthetic
Post-shave: osma alum

Aftershave: Fine Fresh Vetiver or Stirling Piacenza
Balm: Stirling Balm unscented

Great thread. I’ll join for M-F. Weekends though go to my fav soap (SV) and a feather SS razor.

Next week (M-F)
Preshave: None
Post-shave: osma alum

Aftershave: Fine Fresh Vetiver or Stirling Piacenza
Balm: Stirling Balm unscented
Welcome! Great set up for the week ahead.

Here is my set-up for the coming week:

Pre: Proraso green
Razor: Another 7-day SR set I made up. I have several 7 day rolls and I am trying to use each razor in my collection.
Brushes: This week I will use a variety of brushes...and I have two new brushes arriving this week!
AS: Nivea Sensitive ASB
J28.jpg

Fatboy with Red Personna blade, and a Maggard Razors Black & White synthetic. I haven't had the Fatboy long, and get pretty good shaves at setting 4. Yesterday I tried starting at 5 for the first pass and was pretty pleased. Today, I tried setting 6 for WTG, and 5 for the XTG (no ATG for me, too much irritation). Well, what a smooth result! But my neck was very tingly with a weeper. The shave felt easy and comfortable during the passes, but just starting to tingle when I rinsed. That is when I pulled out the alum block to check. Now I'm awake! Not sure if I am going to try again tomorrow or go back to the 5/4 shave. Guess it depends on how my face feels as the work day progresses.

Happy shaves to everyone!!

Last week I stayed with my plan until Friday. (Was running late so I went with an arko stick over haslinger for speed)

This week’s plan (M-F only for me):
Preshave: Proraso red preshave

AS: Fine fresh vetiver or Stirling piacenza
Balm: Stirling unscented

proxy.php

(Almost same as last week but with added preshave)

Last edited:
A last minute audible:

Wanted to use new MWF product this week.

This week’s plan (M-F only for me):
Preshave: Proraso red preshave
Soap: MWF (changed)

AS: Fine fresh vetiver or Stirling piacenza
Balm: Executive Shaving Co balm (changed)

Good shaves to all!!

Here is my set-up for the coming week:

Pre: Proraso green
Razor: Another 7-day SR set I made up. I have several 7 day rolls and I am trying to use each razor in my collection.
Brushes: This week I will use a variety of brushes...and I have two new brushes arriving this week!
AS: Nivea Sensitive ASB
View attachment 873443

Out of curiosity, do you pick a theme or specific manufacturer for your 7 day SR roll?

Out of curiosity, do you pick a theme or specific manufacturer for your 7 day SR roll?
I have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 55-60 SRs...most are restored, but not all are honed. The ones that are honed and shave ready I keep in 7-day felt rolls. Most are organized by the colour of their scales -- I have a couple of rolls with white scales, a couple with black scales, and the rest are various colours. One roll has my "fancy" razors. Pretty simple filing system really.

Here is my shave kit for the coming week:
Preshave: Neutrogena Glycerin soap
Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Derby Extra
Brush: This week I will rotate through my new synthetic and new badger...and add in a boar now and again!
Soap: GFT Coconut Cream
Balm: Hawkins and Brimble ASB or Nivea Sensitive ASB
SWS Apr 13.jpg

Great looking Tech, @Rusty Blade ! I am planning on the Tech as well, my steampunk version.
20170721_154729.jpg

Still considering blade and soap. I have a "staycation" this week, and want some relaxing, comfy shaves (to be honest, I want that every day, but settle for comfy if it can get me out of the door!). Blade and soap TBD!

Top Bottom