What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

Shave of the Week Society (SWS) setup.
Still GRUME/GRUYERE-ing

PXL_20240302_165031753.jpg

I look forward to enjoying the lavender scent this week. My shaving purchase restraint is currently good.
DFS+ today and date night with my wife this evening.
Synthetic Sundays! tomorrow.
Good Day To All.

Shave of the Week Starting 4 March 2024

Gillette Black Tip razor
Astra SP blade
APShave brush
Williams SS (vintage)
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Various A/S

As I've gotten more vintage myself, I find that I prefer milder razors. Easier on my old face and the shave ends up just fine. This weeks set up should be just fine, I know it was today. Vintage Williams is, to me, superb and does very well indeed. So my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

blackwill.jpg

Here is my shave kit for the coming week starting today:
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: EJ synth (one of my favourite)
Soap: NIL (Bartigan and Stark) (an excellent scent-free soap)
Post: Lucky Tiger Post shave splash, PdP Bergamot and Thyme ASB
I hope everyone is well and managing to stay afloat!
sws march 10.jpg

Shave of the Week Starting 3/11/2024

Parker 94r razor
Bic Astor blade
PAA Amber Aerolite brush
Blue's SS
Various A/S

Last week I mentioned that I am now seem to be preferring milder razors. The 94r is borderline mild for me. Gave a great shave but has a lot of blade feel. Maybe it's the SS? The Blue's SS is plenty slick but seems to lack a bit of cushion for me. Anyway, I was careful and got a dandy shave so all is well. Now go enjoy your day folks.

blues94r.jpg

My setup for next week:
Yaqi Mellon DOC Slant
Derby Extra
Col. Conk Almond
APShaveCo Mixed Badger/Boar

20240315_195243.jpg

It would have been far too easy to put a fresh Derby in the Overlander and continue for another week of close and comfortable drama-free shaves, but I decided to try something different.

I've had the Yaqi Slant since last April and never taken it out of the envelope it which it arrived. It looks a little aggressive, so I may be back to the Overlander before the end of the week. We'll see how it goes.
:cool:

Be well and stay safe

(SWS) Shave of the Week Society selection
Greetings Fellow GRUME/GRUYERE-ers

PXL_20240317_192038840.jpg

I was busy and didn't post yesterday but this is my selection for the week. I haven't used the face tonic in a while but it is good stuff with a follow-up of another moisturizer. DFS+ yesterday and today.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Shave of the Week Starting 3/18/2024

NoName razor
Gillette 7 O'Clock (green) blade
NoName synthetic brush
Dr. Selby 3X SC (it's a soap)
Various A/S

The NoName razor and brush are excellent for me. Think I mentioned previously that I picked them up at a local street fair and wasn't sure what I got. What I got was a razor/brush combo that works well and suits me fine. The Gillette blade is a good match for this razor too. Smooth/comfortable/effective, that's what we all want. So, a dandy shave was had and looking forward to a great week of shaves. My face is very happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

noname7.jpg

Shave of the Week Society (SWS) selection for the week.
Greetings Fellow GRUMEers
PXL_20240323_172018372.jpg

I have been noticing this tube of Proraso cream for weeks. So, this is the week, combined with a Jagger 89 and my Evo 2.0 brush.
It has been quite a while since I've used a bowl to make lather so it will be good experience this week.

The weather is nice today. I am going to spend some time outside and watch some "March Madness" basketball. DFS today.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Shave of the Week Starting 3/25/2024

Parker 78r razor
Astra SP blade
Whipped Dog Synthetic brush
Cresent City Shave Works "Irish Tweed" SS
Various A/S

Very smooth/comfortable/effective shave to start the week with. Really like the 78r, feels good in hand and does a nice job. The CCSW shave soap is a good one, lathers easily and gives good protection. Like it. So my face is happy. Now goe enjoy your day folks.

irish78r.jpg

Top Bottom