SWS selection for the week beginning today, Sunday, February 11:

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Razor: RR GC-84P
Blade: Personna Red
Bowl: Timeless Razor
Brush: EJ Silvertip
Shave cream: Proraso Green
AS: Proraso Green Balm

Not sure if the shave cream will last for 7 shaves, but I am going to give it a shot.

IMG_3571.jpeg

Shave of the Week Starting 12 February 2024

Pearl Blaze razor
EuroMax blade
Stirling Synthetic brush
Yardley SS
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Various A/S

Nice shave, all the parts liked each other and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[Image: EyRWlmp.jpg]
yardley12.jpg
yardley12.jpg

SWS selection for the week beginning today, Sunday, February 11:

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Razor: RR GC-84P
Blade: Personna Red
Bowl: Timeless Razor
Brush: EJ Silvertip
Shave cream: Proraso Green
AS: Proraso Green Balm

Not sure if the shave cream will last for 7 shaves, but I am going to give it a shot.

View attachment 1794799
I received a Game Changer 0.76P bottom plate today from Italian Barber, so I will finish my week with a RR GC-.76P, starting tomorrow.

Shave of the Week Starting 2/19/2024

Gillette Fatboy razor
Gillette 365 blade
Plisson/L'Occitane brush
Seaforth SS (vintage)
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Various A/S

Really good shave to start the week with. The Gillette combo is a good one for me. The vintage Seaforth works amazingly well and still has some of the original scent which, to my messed up smeller, is a rich old school/masculine scent that is just wonderful. My face is very happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

seaforth365.jpg

My setup for next week:
Karve Overlander w/ Derby Extra
Col. Conk Almond
Semogue OC Mistura

20240224.jpg

I was unable to resist the siren call of the Karve Overlander even after a week with the Timeless Ti68. I guess it could be worse, but all bets are off if Karve ever offers a titanium version.
:cool:

As for my current selection of blade and soap, they don't really elicit a feeling of anticipation but they get the job done. Thank goodness for my rotation of brushes that still provide some variety.

Be well and stay safe

An early Spring is in the air.
...a new selection for The Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
Still GRUME-ing.

1708789393128.jpeg

Lime is my flavor of the week. It appears I should take better care of this soap lid.
I have missed the Big Bruce this year and the Jagger is always nice to use.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Having done something similar a while ago, I am going to do it again for the foreseeable future. I am going with 2 set ups, one for my work days and one for my days off. My regular work day is 12 hours, so I like a longer lasting close shave on those days.

IMG_2024-02-27-190533.jpg

The Schick Type I Hydro-magic for my not working days and the Yaqi Romulus for the work days. For me, I could use either razor on either day since they both shave close and comfortable.

The soap and blades are shown, and the brush is my favorite boar, an SOC cherry wood, gifted to me by a generous member here. Many brushes have come and gone from the brush drawer, but not this one. Perfect right out of the box. You know who you are and am am still grateful for the gift!

I'm going to join you fine folks this weeks (and perhaps a bit longer 😉).
20240302_093220.jpeg

● Semogue TSN LE 3 band badger brush
● Wolfman WR2 .95
● Polsilver Super Iridium
● Mike's Natural Soap ~ Barbershop

I'll swap the soap on Tuesday (Tabac Tuesday) and might rotate brushes, but other than that this will be my setup for the upcoming week.

Perhaps I might even manage to finish the soap sample (tub), which was kindly gifted to me by @Guido75.

Enjoy your weekend shaves and have a great week!
Cheers!

Top Bottom