What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

The professions shave mugs are uncommon, some are even rare. That's a keeper. If ever you find one in an antique store pick it up...if you can afford it!
Ahh, that makes sense now, given he said he saw it on eBay at a price he couldn't pass up, said the seller probably didn't know what they had. I just assumed it was like those statues, mugs, and cups we could get growing up, proclaiming our Dad the best!

Here is a idea for you guys to consider. In the Shave of the Day forum they often identify themes (they do it by week). Any ideas for themed weeks we could try? Some ideas: Vintage Gillette Week, Single Edge Week, New Gear Week, Support a particular vendor week, e.g. Stirling etc.
Soooo...whaddya think? :pipe:
I like it, think it'd be fun to be using stuff that others are also using that week. I'm in!

GRUME and NOCvember post, day 23
Still In

Better late than never:
Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
Muhle Mondays
MdC Mondays
Synthetic Sundays

PXL_20221123_144904323.jpg

Hot shower, cold splashes and glycerine soap
Muhle Rocca Birch Bark
Gillette Platinum (22)
Muhle XL STF brush
MdC Rose

Hey Guys
Its always nice to spend time with family and do special things different from the daily routine but there comes a time when "hey it's good to be back home again" as John Denver would say.
Kathy and I and our two puppies spent 15 hours on the road to get home. We thought about a motel but when we left North Carolina, we knew we wanted to be home and arrived late and tired. I didn't feel like a shave last night.

But guess what, today, we slept in late and it is a new day! I missed posting on a few threads so I am playing catch up with all you guys.

I used Glyce lime soap and a quick application of thick Mdc for pre-shave prep. The soap developed a beautiful lather that still had a shiny sheen to it ten minutes later. I spent extra time sliding, gliding and having a good time. (Do some of us remember the old cartridge days when shaving was a chore?). I ended up with a DFS and am still enjoying it as I write...and it's good to be back home again!

"Take care of yourself and each other." as Lester Holt says.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., but I try to be grateful on a daily basis.

Brush: BradSears “Pug” 28mm Finest
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh F Base
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Large Copper Bowl
Razor: Ti WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Greenfresh Skin Food Splash 💦

DB68A2C1-6CD0-4184-A961-8E7146DFAFDC.jpeg

Doug, Proud Member of:
What is the scent profile of Ethos?

Here is a idea for you guys to consider. In the Shave of the Day forum they often identify themes (they do it by week). Any ideas for themed weeks we could try? Some ideas: Vintage Gillette Week, Single Edge Week, New Gear Week, Support a particular vendor week, e.g. Stirling etc.
Soooo...whaddya think? :pipe:
I could do the Stirling or vintage Gillette theme. I think an "old school" week would be interesting.

Regarding the "SWS themes" idea, I'll support the group but my soap/cream choices may be restricted by my SOTMC participation. Razors, blades, and brushes shouldn't be a problem. Again, I'll support the group to the best of my ability. This should be fun...

I have modified my 7 day setup to a 4 day setup, using the same soap for all 4 brushes then changing to a new soap and running thru 4 brushes.

Brush: DG B14 26mm w/ @Rudy Vey handle
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Soap: Grooming Department Diamond Dust Kairos
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Large Copper Bowl
Razor: Ti WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Colonia Skin Food Splash 💦

AC3C72DE-1444-4A7C-AF5C-6202A7664F3C.jpeg

Doug

I could do the Stirling or vintage Gillette theme. I think an "old school" week would be interesting.
I was thinking the same thing for our first theme week. I imagine we all have a vintage Gillette or other old school razor hanging around. Soooooo...this coming week starting Sunday the first SWS theme week will be "Vintage Gillette Razor Week". Join in if you can, and if you dont have a vintage Gillette then join in anyway with another razor that is old school.

Top Bottom