What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

A switcheroo? I just realized I switched everything! Totally forgot about my weekly setup yesterday...There is always another week. Let me recoup and regroup!

Cheers,

GUido.

Something in the air? I did the same darn thing. Switched to a different vintage gillette, different soap and started Decemboar.
Switching to next weeks setup on next shave.

Razor: Gamechanger 68sb
Soap: Stirling Glastonbury
Brush: Boar

Lol, it's all good! I don't see SWS as a challenge type of society, but more of a lifestyle! 😄. @Rusty Blade please correct me if I am wrong.

More of a lifestyle, I like this thought!

+1 gents. I see this challenge-free too. I just reminded myself that if you make a promise it is kind of nice to actually keep it! Otherwise the W would make less sense. At least to me.

Life style you say? Brings out my sunglasses! :thumbup1:

Guido

It has appointed to me to choose a theme for next week. This is a bit more involved than I thought! (And if you are snickering behind your screen, you wait until it is your turn!)

I am proposing Modern Razors, whichever style you choose.

I racked my brain cell, but couldn't find a seasonal idea that made me feel Christmassy!

My setup for next week...
Timeless SS 95 DC (OC/SB)
Personna Platinum Chrome
Cella (kilo)
RV Shaving 2022 B&B Contributor Brush

20221202_134138.jpg

It's sad that it took Rudy Vey having surgery on his hand for me to realize I have several of his brushes that I've never used. Well, I'm working on that as he recovers. Keeping it all in perspective, I'm obviously more concerned with his well-being than I am with my brush rotation. This is just my way of reminding myself to send him positive vibes every day.

I also realized I've had a Timeless dual-comb razor that I've never used. Heck, I've had it so long that I don't even remember buying it. I'll be using it next week but I already feel it's functionality will be lost on me. The idea was to use the OC side for the initial WTG pass and the SB side for subsequent passes.

Being a daily shaver, the difference between the two sides probably won't be that noticeable as I already achieve fantastic shaves with any of the Timeless OC, SCL, and/or SB razors. Two passes is all it ever takes for a close and comfortable shave. In the end, I think the scalloped version will be the best solution for me. We'll see...

The scalloped Timeless is an amazing shaver. I love mine to death. Effective, efficient and really really smooth.

Out of curiosity how to you not remember buying a Timeless? That can only mean in my mind you have a really excellent collection going on, right?

Enjoy!

Guido

It's not that I don't remember buying a Timeless, I don't remember buying this one.
:cool:

A good thing about the SWS is spending a full week with one razor means only 52 razors a year. Once a favorite is discovered, that total number can be significantly reduced.

I have quite a few razors and several favorites among them. It seems the Timeless DC got lost in the crowd and was simply forgotten. #FirstWorldProblems

Last edited:
It's not that I don't remember buying a Timeless, I don't remember buying this one.
:cool:

A good thing about the SWS is spending a full week with one razor means only 52 razors a year. Once a favorite is discovered, that total number can be significantly reduced.

I have quite a few razors and several favorites among them. It seems the Timeless DC got lost in the crowd and was simply forgotten. #FirstWorldProblems
Doesn’t necessarily change my question! 😁😉

But you just gave me a reason to buy 40 more😅! Kidding! Enjoy your shaves this week!

Guido

First full week of December, and two set ups.

I am participating in DecemBoar, and unlike last year, I am using 1 boar for several days before switching. Last year, I switched daily, think. This year I have only the 5 brushes with boar knots, so each will get six days. What is neat is that I will have a switch coming every few days, with either the soap and razor changing for SWS, or the brush changing for DecemBoar!

For Sunday through Tuesday, I continue with the Ever-Ready 150 boar.
12_04 sws.jpg

Soap will be the PAA Scentsless
Nickel-plated brass Overlander
Vintage Personna Platinum Chrome (Rite Aid packaging)

Thanks to @Rusty Blade for the vintage Gillette week. I rediscovered my love for the pre-War Tech! Man, I got some great shaves this past week. Goes to show me that I didn't need to buy other razors if I was only looking for a close and comfortable shave. And amusingly, to me, is that I used modern Personna Platinum Chrome blades (what I call German Reds) last week and this week, Modern Razor week, I am using vintage Reds!

Then on Wednesday, the boar rotation occurs, so I will be using an @apshaveco 24mm Luxury Mixed knot (70/30) in the Trotter Handcrafts Supernova handle.
12_07 swd.jpg

Shave on, my dudes!!

Lol, it's all good! I don't see SWS as a challenge type of society, but more of a lifestyle! 😄. @Rusty Blade please correct me if I am wrong.
Absolutely correct. No challenge here. Whatever works goes. It is more of a lifestyle. Since I adopted the SWS approach I am enjoying my gear so much more. Using one kit for a week -- or changing up mid week -- finding out what works is the goal.

It has appointed to me to choose a theme for next week. This is a bit more involved than I thought! (And if you are snickering behind your screen, you wait until it is your turn!)

I am proposing Modern Razors, whichever style you choose.

I racked my brain cell, but couldn't find a seasonal idea that made me feel Christmassy!
Perfect! I was thinking just a few days ago I should dig out my Merkur 34c.

Last week was Rapira Lux, to me it's same as Rapira, no difference
This week setup, same as last week
EJ3One6
Simpson T3
Proraso Blue (I love it, good stuff)
Nivea AS 2 in 1
Blade for this week will be Ladas (I have a feeling it's going to be the same as Rapira)
IMG_20221204_132550.jpg

Last week was Rapira Lux, to me it's same as Rapira, no difference
This week setup, same as last week
EJ3One6
Simpson T3
Proraso Blue (I love it, good stuff)
Nivea AS 2 in 1
Blade for this week will be Ladas (I have a feeling it's going to be the same as Rapira)
View attachment 1566742
The Proraso Blue is my favourite Proraso! I have an open tube I should use up!! Its a contender for January!

Top Bottom