What's new

SHAVE OF THE DAY - 1/3/2022 to 1/9/2022 FREE WEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great first shave with the Timeless Ti68, and MDC yesterday! Thank you @Kennyg2019 for the awesome transaction! I’ll be sure to post a review in the other thread after a few more shaves!
The MDC was amazing, loaded for 30 seconds and had enough incredible lather for 8 passes! Happy accident. I’m looking forward to using these more. Have a great day y’all!
D891E052-E19D-4F50-9CFB-C625AF1C07DC.jpeg

01/08/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Coconut Bay Rum with Lime Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Agharta Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements I Gingerbread Man Seasonal Artisan Shaving Soap Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
West Coast Shaving Green Honeycomb Synthetic Tuxedo Hair Shaving Brush 26mm
Captian's Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
BÖKER - 6/8 Blade O1 Carbon Steel Extra Hollow with French Point & Genuine Abalone Inlay Scales - Straight Razor
Mountain Mike 3” English Bridle Leather Strop
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements I Gingerbread Man Seasonal Artisan Aftershave Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Shaving "Ray Rum" Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - A Cyber Monday Limited Edition!
Maggard’s Razor Oil​

B IMG_0367.jpg

SOTD 20210108
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Olive Wood
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica
Razor: Carbon Shaving CX Anubis
Blade: Bolzano Super Inox
AS: Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD-1947-GT-W_2022-01-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The blade was great today, probably due to the whisker honing on both sides of the edges (following shaves one and two). Do we need to start a blade flipping brotherhood? :lol1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I figure I’d introduce myself and come out of lurker status today as today’s shave has provided my first official bbs.

On Nov. 22, Upon returning home from a wonderful birthday trip to the Oregon Coast to celebrate my 34th Revolution around the sun I decided that it was time to let go of my hair, as my hairline had begun to recede a couple years ago. Unless you’ve been bald before it can be a little scary, you don’t really know how it will look until it’s gone. After I mustered the courage to take the chop I soon realized that I was born to be a bald man. It feels so much better. I feel so much better.

I initially resorted to a cartridge razor and goo for maintenance but quickly fell into the rabbit hole of DE shaving after doing a little bit of research. That research led me to this forum, which I have spent many hours pouring over. I started with a Merkur 34C but it didn’t take me long to find a Pre-War Tech on EBay (I like the weight and feel of the Tech much more than the Merkur), and I’ve got a FOCS on the way. I’ve been working my way through a bunch of TOBS and Proraso soap & cream samples but Proraso Red has won my heart. I’m also working through a bunch of blade samples. I haven’t found any that I hate but so far my favorites are Personna Red, Gillette Nacet, Voskhod and Perma-Sharp. I’ve tried Feather a couple times, I need to work on my technique before I can tame that wild creature. Besides a few pesky moles that have been snagged a couple times I have had mostly bloodless shaves since I’ve started. I tried shaving every day but my skin is happier if I wait every other day, and the shave is more satisfying with a little more growth.

Thank you for teaching me the way (or rather, guiding me so that I may find MY way). I look forward to improving my technique and learning more as I continue this journey.

Pre: hot shower & coconut oil
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Pre-war Tech
Blade: Perma-sharp Super
Cream: Proraso Red
Aftercare: warm rinse, Alum, cold rinse, Thayer’s coconut water WH, Proraso Red Balm
Soundtrack: Archie Shepp - The Way Ahead
Beard care: Luxurious Bastard TCVC oil and Honest Amish Beard Balm

WTG, ATG, XTG + touch ups
First official BBS, with some initial irritation that subsided after 20min or so. Calling this one a win.

2DEF0E13-B4B7-4365-BF1C-6860FD0897AD.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
DSC05218 (2).jpg

Razor: Griffon Antelope #16 11/16 Full Hollow
Brush: Wolf Whiskers w Elite Razor Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

SOTN - Friday Night fight 08/07

Not much of a fight this night, the Henson AL 13 took control from the outset and never looked back.

PreShave
Tree Hut - coconut/lime oil
Soap
Wicked Rooster Farm Lavender and Honey
Brush
Generic pure badger Wicked Rooster Farm
Razor
Henson AL13
Blade
Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave Balm
Duke Cannon After Shave Balm - Ice Cold

Last night was my first shave with the Henson AL13, I thought I ordered the medium, but I guess I accidentally ordered the mild.

But, I'm thrilled with this razor either way.
The razor was able to mow down a three day growth with ease. The sound of the shaver mowing through the stubble, with my current go to razors blade the Astra Superior Platinum was like no other.

The end result was an excellent BBS shave! Almost felt like I was cheating, shaving shouldn't be this easy.

Sat 8 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone
Blade Feather ProGuard 12th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Malibu Splash
Good soap for sure. Thickly creamy and slick lather with a nice sorta barbershop scent.
An enjoyable shave with the razor paired with the well-used blade. 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Good aftershaves!
20220108_101100.jpg

Sun 9 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzor Rocket handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Very nice soap. Love the scent, love the lather...so creamy and slick!
An excellent shave with the razor and blade pairing! Easy smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs result.
Aftershaves were great.
20220109_113011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom