What's new

SHAVE OF THE DAY - 1/3/2022 to 1/9/2022 FREE WEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been blade shaving for nearly a month, while going through a major revision of my arthritis medications, due to having been on NSAID's for the absolute maximum period of 20 years. While I settle down on the new regime, my shoulders have been very stiff and arthritic tremor worse, not ideal for blade shaving. This morning I decided to give it a try again but thought a nice gentle start was sensible as my new medications, make my skin even thinner and more fragile than the previous stuff.

I therefore selected my gentlest razor, a Feather AS-D1 and got out a brush I was given by a Russian Friend some 25 years ago, after I gave him one of my old Contax SLR cameras. I don't know what hair it is but it is all black, quite long and extremely soft, with an 18mm knot, maybe mink or Russian squirrel. It might not be the greatest lather generator but it's very kind to the face. I used Taylors lavender cream, which although it's calmed down a bit from the "in your face" scent when I first opened the tub, still does not thrill me and is nothing like as nice smelling as their sandalwood but it works very well. Sadly my favourite lavender shave cream from Occitane no longer seems to be available. I corked a new Feather platinum blade well to calm it down and I am pleased to report that the shave went very well. A relief to be able to put my Braun electric face mower, back in the cupboard.

Wilson

Bowl lather face shave Giles Shaving Bowl

Blackland Vector
Schick Proline (2)
Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
T&H Pre Shave Oil
Castle Forbes Lavender
Homemade Witch hazel with glycerin, lavender, tea tree and peppermint essential oils
Nivea Sensitive Balm
P&G Old Spice

Tew's-day SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Wolfman WR2\WRH2
Blade: Feather (D2)
Brush: Zen Shave Crossbones 24mm Romera Manchurian
Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit - Coffee
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew
Balm: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew