What's new

Share Your Restorations

Just finished replacing the knot on my 2-tone brush. It's a 22mm Best Badger from Golden Nib.

Before
proxy.php

Trimmed out the old knot
proxy.php

...and drilled out the base
proxy.php

With the new knot epoxied in
proxy.php

Me, too. It came from Israel via Ebay. I have no idea of its make or age. I'd love to find out, though.

I rescued this from an antique store. I had to ask on this forum if anybody knew anything about these brushes, I had never heard of Rubberset before, I liked the made in U.S.A on the bottom of the handle.

It looks like an old boar barbers style brush, I like the faceted handle on it, and aluminum can be polished/shined up pretty good. I ordered a TGN finest ( good recommendation).

This is my brush I use daily now, the finest makes a nice face lather brush, add the coolness factor of a restore too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished looking through all 31 pages of this thread. Quite inspiring.

Well, here's my first attempt at a restore from abut 3 months ago. Found this gem of a handle for $2.00 at an antiques mall. Knot is a best badger 22/65 from Whipped Dog. Did have to open up the hole quite a bit but I love the knot.

Before
proxy.php

After (of course it's the one on the left)
proxy.php

Use this brush daily and just sold the C&E since it was getting no love at all.

Also picked up a couple of Ever-Ready's that I recently restored. Don't have after photos yet but I'll have to get them up soon.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Using a best badger as well as a silvertip knot from Whipped Dog and love them. So thick, very little shed and lather like a dream.

Thanks,

Charlie

Last edited:
I bet that whips up a nice lather. I'm not partial to wood handles, but when they look like your restore, I'm finding myself kind of partial.
:smile:

-jim

I bet that whips up a nice lather. I'm not partial to wood handles, but when they look like your restore, I'm finding myself kind of partial.
:smile:

-jim

I was hesitant about buying it at first but I'm so glad I did. Love it. It's perfect for loading from a mug with the extra reach and the knot is, well quite voluptuous to say the least. :)

Charlie

$IMG_0004.jpg$IMG_0003.jpgToday's rework is a Peerless with a dark red bakelite section at the top (20mm boar knot originally) and a clear plastic section at the base. The clear plastic was in bad shape with a bit of crazing so I fabricated a wooden base section for the upper section to attach to, it has a knot which I think gives it a lot of character. He's the brush after completion with it's new base and 22mm silvertip knot set @ 45mm and a shot of the clear plastic base that was originally on it. ATTACH=CONFIG]194930[/ATTACH]

Last edited:
Not my restoration, but I'm it's new owner, just thought I'd show it off.

Ever Ready 150, 22mm 2 Band Badger

full

Last edited by a moderator:
$photo12.jpg $photo4.jpg

Started with 18mm and end up with 22mm+wash and polish. The one on the left in the second picture started with 22 and end up with 24mm. Did not need any cleaning.Now with the knots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom