What's new

September 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. SOTD - 10 SEP 2020

SOTD 09102020.jpg

Good shave. A little close on the chin but I did chase BBS again. DE89 is shaving nicely, even through its mildness.

Beautiful sandalwood shave just now. Proraso red soap and kanon Norwegian Wood after shave. Dreaming of the cooler nights to come...

Still in!
I feel ya. I did this a few weeks ago haha, I got all nostalgic about winter and had a few sandalwood themed shaves.

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue oil
Cream: Boots Cool Cologne, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84, Wilkinson #3, GC.68, Personna #3
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase.

I'm happy. Both razors were perfect.

After making the cream lather too dense last time, I made it too-thin. This is when the lather drips stubble into the sink, instead of the dedicated razor rinse-bowl.

I'm a big fan of rinsing the razor into a 1 litre polythene container (shake the razor too hard, and you put a scratch into some cheap plastic, instead of dinging your razor, your blade, or your sink).

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Still in.
What a shave this morning. This Paladin El Dorado is a particularly outstanding knot. I like the modified fan shape- reminds me on an M7 in that regard. Which makes sense, as the El Dorado is said to be based on the long lost Simpson M8. It's like the M6 on steroids. But what a brush! Gillette Super Speed with a Shark, Proraso sandalwood and kanon Norwegian Wood after shave to finish.

Contentment is wealth.
paladin3 cut.jpg

Last edited:
Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage oil
Soap: Palmolive, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84, Wilkinson #4, GC.68, Personna #4
Post-shave: Freshwood AS, Nivea Balm.

The pucked Palmolive stick works like Arko for me, and is as easy to lather. I wish I'd got more when they were a cheap retail item around here, instead of an online buy.

Top Bottom