What's new

Seasons change. So does daily ordnance

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Good call...one of the most versatile and durable cold weather jackets I have ever worn.

I probably won’t go with one of the famous artisan holster makers, but I can pick up a Galco Miami Classic at my LGS for around $100? :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I probably won’t go with one of the famous artisan holster makers, but I can pick up a Galco Miami Classic at my LGS for around $100? :)
IIRC my Miami Classic was $55.00 new when I bought it and I also have the Bianchi horizontal, but honestly I prefer the vertical ones.

An old Brauer Bros with my Makarov.

Brauer EG-01small.jpg

So I live in the kc metro area such that it is cold and can snow but “arctic” is really not applicable.

heading into wk I have a 2 block walk from a semi heated garage. I have on suit coat and slacks. so the layers would likely be tucked in t shirt, tucked in dress shirt. Then fleece/down wool vest that is loose enough to still pull up and access AIWB. Open sport/suit coat. Open dress coat. Scarf. Perhaps a hat. That would do me fine for the walk down into the 20s. Colder than that, add a pair of thin gloves and a hat.

If it is really cold then I am going to ditch the sport coat and use a blue one I am keeping at the office, sub in a heavier 1/4 zip fleece and go from there.

If it is like single digit cold than I am likely wearing a coat that has a two way zipper or a button pattern that is up enough for me to get to the waist line.

I am not going to say that I have never put the J frame in top outer pocket. I am going to say that I am far more effective defensively dressing around a bigger gun.

If were going to outside for a while shoveling snow:

long johns/tucked in long sleeve 1/4 zip fleece/fleece lined pants. Bigger untucked 1/4 zip/Down/or primaloft coat with a 2 way zipper. Still carrying AIWB.

PS- If I was really going to be out in the cold for hours on end, I would likely pivot to full sized gun in some style of fanny pack/sling bag/chest bag.

I live in KC metro area as well, If I head into town in summer use an IWB holster usually with a sig 365xl, otherwise I use a paddle holster that can be covered by shirt tail or light/heavy jacket. Occasionally depending on jacket and what I am doing will OWB one of my 1911's.

The Sig Sauer P365 may see some additional duty this winter. Sam Andrews currently has a number of items (holsters, belts, etc.) made and ready for sale. NO WAIT!!
That being the case, I decided to run with another Monarch rig; this time for a more diminutive sidearm.
Should have it in a few days....
IMG_5288.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The Sig Sauer P365 may see some additional duty this winter. Sam Andrews currently has a number of items (holsters, belts, etc.) made and ready for sale. NO WAIT!!
That being the case, I decided to run with another Monarch rig; this time for a more diminutive sidearm.
Should have it in a few days....
View attachment 1725994

Now that’s really nice! Love the black! What did ya pay for it? :)

Top Bottom