What's new

Seasons are Changing… Are your Fragrances?

I am in the Northern Hemisphere as are many of us on B&B, and I will soon be pulling out the big heavy fall/winter Fragrances.

Do you rotate fragrances based on the weather/season? If so, what fragrances are you looking forward to using?

For our Southern Hemisphere friends, let us know if the lighter blue, aqua and citrusy fragrances are coming out for spring/summer.

I am looking forward to bring out a bunch of fragrances I haven’t used since early this year. Here are a few I am looking forward to using in the coming cool weather.

- Dior Homme Parfum and Intense
- Tom Ford Ombre Leather and Tuscan Leather
- Tom Ford Noir Extreme
- Serge Lutens Chergui
- Prada L’Homme Intense
- Bentley Intense
- MFK Grand Soir
- JPG Le Male Le Parfum
- Armani Stronger with You Intensely
- Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee
- Multiple Zoologist scents

What say you?

Last edited:
I LOVE Bay Rum. But I recently found myself gravitating towards scents like smokey aged bourbon and sage/lavender. Just a few days ago, I said to SWMBO that Bay Rum seemed more like a summer thing. But I may have just been trying to justify the change. Check with me this summer...

Swapped out Floris Bergamotto Di Positano with Floris Honey Oud and then swapped out Davidoff Cool Water Celebration Edition with Hugo Boss Dark Blue.
I still have a couple of Creed clones (Viking and Aventus) and L'Occitan by L'Occitane that I use year round.

Spring here down under, but I don't have that many "Spring-y" aftershaves/fragrances. Blue Stratos is probably the most appropiate which is a nice citrus/lavender, also Mont St Michel Naturelle Classique or 4711. Is Brut springy enough? I have my eye on a vetiver aftershave that might be a suitable spring aftershave though.

Do you rotate fragrances based on the weather/season?
I seem to without out much thought about it. I seem to be wearing more leather/birch tar scents as the weather gets cooler. Maybe more sandalwood scents, too, but I was wearing quite a bit of sandalwood in the summer, too. Is it odd that I cannot remember and do not recognize the smell of the scent I put on today? Whatever it is, I like it, and it seems rather wintery!

I seem to without out much thought about it. I seem to be wearing more leather/birch tar scents as the weather gets cooler. Maybe more sandalwood scents, too, but I was wearing quite a bit of sandalwood in the summer, too. Is it odd that I cannot remember and do not recognize the smell of the scent I put on today? Whatever it is, I like it, and it seems rather wintery!
Hmmm. Maybe I am wrong and I do not change unconsciously so much. What I was wearing yesterday and did not recognize, and am wearing today, was/is AOS Vetiver Citrus, which certainly works as well or better as a summer scent as compared to a winter scent. I was thinking it smelled like vetiver yesterday, but I could not think what vetiver scent I would have had out. Underrated/underappreciated scent to me. I think all of those latter day AOS scents, now discontinued, probably are/were.

fwiw, i really don't do major seasonal changes.
just whatever seems nice for the day.
here are some from past few months, fwiw.

summer fall frags.jpg

I LOVE Bay Rum. But I recently found myself gravitating towards scents like smokey aged bourbon and sage/lavender. Just a few days ago, I said to SWMBO that Bay Rum seemed more like a summer thing. But I may have just been trying to justify the change. Check with me this summer...

Have you tried HOM Shire? Smells like violet crumble, spiced rum and tobacco.

If I care about what other people think, I wear stronger scents in winter, lighter ones in summer.

But usually I slap on whatever I'm in the mood for. Only had one comment - complimentary - in 6 years.

Top Bottom