IMG_5202.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg
IMG_5109.jpeg
IMG_2352.jpeg
IMG_0909.jpeg
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_8368.jpeg
IMG_0353.jpeg

As cooler weather is quickly making its presence known here in the mountains, the EDC wardrobe begins its seasonal change. The Sig Sauer P365, Glock 43, and Beretta Nano (and accompanying Ritchie Leather CQ-QR holsters) shall enter into semi-hibernation. The shoulder rigs and full size armament are getting dusted off and ready for deployment. Any of y'all going through a similar transition?
IMG_2783.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 1717532View attachment 1717533
View attachment 1717535View attachment 1717534View attachment 1717536View attachment 1717538View attachment 1717539View attachment 1717541View attachment 1717540
As cooler weather is quickly making its presence known here in the mountains, the EDC wardrobe begins its seasonal change. The Sig Sauer P365, Glock 43, and Beretta Nano (and accompanying Ritchie Leather CQ-QR holsters) shall enter into semi-hibernation. The shoulder rigs and full size armament are getting dusted off and ready for deployment. Any of y'all going through a similar transition?View attachment 1717537

Those are some of the nicest shoulder rigs I ever did see. :)

I don’t know if it will be a fancy, high glossed leather rig, but I do see where I could use a solid shoulder rig with quality straps. In winter, I like throwing on a big, heavy pea coat or barn jacket with jeans and boots.

Carrying a pistol AIWB or even 3 to 4 o’clock with a heavy, thick coat that drapes over and past the line of your gun belt isn’t the easiest or quickest thing to draw from?

I think leaving the top buttons of the coat undone with a scarf would make a shoulder rig quite reasonable and a realistic viable carry?

While it may seem silly to some, cuz most of us have only ever seen shoulder carry in detective movies or sitcom’s like ‘Barney Miller.’?

Doesn’t a good shoulder rig with an oversized coat seem to make sense? :)

Still hot in the south......
Some people might change just the weight of the bullet (get more penetration) in winter......

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I understand the sentiment but am a full sized gun guy 99% of the time regardless of the season.

I get the term of ‘dressing around your pistol’. But when it gets really cold outside, like snow and Artic temperatures, give us a visual of your outside attire and how or where you carry with it?

I am AIWB most of the time now. It’s not too hard to yank the front of a thin and light jacket up out of the way and clear for the draw, but what about a large U.S Navy Peacoat from Schotts that is made from thick, durable and heavy Melton Wool? :)

Top Bottom