What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

1/18/2015 - My son's 2nd Birthday Head and Face shave

My first SE frankenrazor shave. I used a setscrew to attach my Maggard MR3 handle to my Ever Ready 1924 Shovel Head. Good shave. The longer handle makes a big difference in comfort. It felt awkward with the standard handle.

Hot shower, Neutrogena wash, followed by tea tree oil blend
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man with TGN Super Badger Brush
EverReady 1924 Shovel Head with Maggard MR3 handle and Ted Pella Blade
Cold Rinse, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Neutrogena moisturizer
2 Passes, WTG and XTG. DFS

$20150117_150002_1.jpg$20150118_120456_1.jpg

Pall Mall - Kampfe Bros Wedge - Virginia Sheng Pur Tech - KFBR Acadia Spice - Hot Bath
proxy.php

Man that Pall Mall is a big shiny beast!

Bayard Lathercatcher - Kampfe Bros Wedge - Virginia Sheng Pur Tech - KFBR Acadian Spice - Hot Bath
proxy.php

That rehoned 100 year old blade in that beautiful 100 year old razor gave a magnificent shave tonight.

As with the Rolls, if the blade is up to speed, a wedge blade safety razor is about as good as it gets.

Razor evolution could have stopped with the lather catchers...oh,apart from all of that blade maintenance...but some of us enjoy that :)

Wow! Are you using the OEM blades, and how does it shave?
I think the ESR is one of the best looking razors ever made.

I also really like the ESR looks, and the handle design is great.
As everyone who has had one knows that the OEM blades......well not good.
What I do is abi-normal I guess, but I use a Schick injector blade, as the width of the blade just fits.
You have to be very careful putting the blade in, but I slide the injector blade in all the way against the comb, and making
sure that it is square with the comb.
I then install the OEM in on top of the injector blade, and snap it in the locked position, and that holds the injector blade firm.
The original blades sharp edge is close, but sits a little bit further back from the comb. So.........shaves smooth like an injector.
Yes a little extra work to use it this way but worth it IMO since the injector blades stay sharp for many shaves.

I also really like the ESR looks, and the handle design is great.
As everyone who has had one knows that the OEM blades......well not good.
What I do is abi-normal I guess, but I use a Schick injector blade, as the width of the blade just fits.
You have to be very careful putting the blade in, but I slide the injector blade in all the way against the comb, and making
sure that it is square with the comb.
I then install the OEM in on top of the injector blade, and snap it in the locked position, and that holds the injector blade firm.
The original blades sharp edge is close, but sits a little bit further back from the comb. So.........shaves smooth like an injector.
Yes a little extra work to use it this way but worth it IMO since the injector blades stay sharp for many shaves.
$IMG_2142.jpg

Bayard Lathercatcher - Kampfe Bros Wedge - Virginia Sheng Pur Tech - KFBR Acadian Spice - Hot Bath
proxy.php

That rehoned 100 year old blade in that beautiful 100 year old razor gave a magnificent shave tonight.

As with the Rolls, if the blade is up to speed, a wedge blade safety razor is about as good as it gets.

Razor evolution could have stopped with the lather catchers...oh,apart from all of that blade maintenance...but some of us enjoy that :)

All I can say is---Super Sweet!!! That razor is truly a thing of beauty! I am guessing it is a wedge only razor? That is a true work of art!

Top Bottom