What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Sat 17th SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice 🎃
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 3rd (felt better compare to 1st use)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very delicious scent from this soap. The lather is deliciously creamy, thick & very slick...enjoyed it tremendously!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good...again! Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like finish. Excellent aftershaves to top off a great session!
20210417_113949.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight (2nd shave)
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)
Brush: Vulfix 376 Super Badger
Cream: Omega
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave

The Shave: WTG/ATG face and WTG/XTG neck for a DFS. The GEM Featherweight is very nimble, provides great audible feedback, and is smooth; an easy shaver. Nice cream/brush combo, spent extra time really working the lather just because it was so pleasant. Have a great day.
Tim
A1E5CB96-D89A-405D-BC5D-2AB96070A0FE.jpeg

Sun 18th SE SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 13th - amazing blade!!
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Excellent quality lather from the soap. Intoxicating sweet scent, very creamy and very slick...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade is again silky smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Nice aftershaves.
20210418_125413.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

The Shave: WTG/ATG (face) and WTG/XTG (neck) for a DFS. Loving my new brush, great face feel, holds a lot of water and lather, a great B-Day present.
Tim
57EA347C-AE0C-40B5-8B40-BEE3DB23DF8E.jpeg

Razor: Schick - Easy Rider L6
Blade: Schick Injector (3)
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Mora E Muschio
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli

79C128CC-B747-4644-902C-AA7721C8A946.jpeg

Schick Banana & Berries
This morning I took my banana coloured injector on a tour with the most delicious berry scented soap. I kept wanting to lick the brush. The soap wasn’t offering the residual slickness this Schick blade wanted, so I had to make sure I didn’t make more than one stroke in a particular spot without replenishing the lather.
I had a couple small nicks on my chin and neck, but overall a nice close BBS. I should mention that because of my back, I shave sitting down without the use of a mirror.
After my last couple of shaves with a GEM Contour, I can see why the ASR‘s final offering to the public could not compete with these newer injector razors.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, April 18th 2021

Razor: Schick injector i2 type with hydro-magic- Excellent razor, easy to manipulate around the face, easy to clean.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector- Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco vanilla scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24mm Mew knot, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, mild scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with a Personna coated blade.
Sunday Schick shave, April 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

This was my first shave with a Ronson. Interesting!

Razor: Ronson Shaves and Sharpens
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

20210417_082842.jpg

2nd SE SOTD
Razor: GEM Featherweight
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)
Brush: PAA Grey Ray
Cream: Cyril R. Salter Sublime Citrus
Scuttle: Birthday gift from wife
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

The Shave: 2 WTG passes for DFS. Killed the 5 O’ Clock shadow and tried out my Birthday gift from my wife...a scuttle (Q Shave). I never used a scuttle before, it’s really cool. I whipped up the lather and it was warm, but then I essentially face lather like normal really working it in...very nice. Thought how wonderful that my wife surprised me with a cool shaving related item. Still 1 day to go, let’s see what else shows up.
Tim
ABB32545-70F0-467D-AC04-5CA0B5C9FB0D.jpeg
D9D8385E-EF35-4960-A6FE-C520C5F6BEF4.jpeg

Mon 19th SE SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Somehow, today's soap lather scent was a little stronger and it was very distinctively aromatic tobacco! The lather was thickly creamy and slick too...nice!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth overall until the atg pass on the upper lips area it became a bit skippy. Still, 3passes without any issues for between a dfs to ccs result. The aftershaves especially Whiskey Woods were excellent!
20210419_091834.jpg

Top Bottom