What's new

Schone O.C. Razor

Ah, I missed that detail.

Ok. So thanks to you I decided to email Alrossa sales and they told me they had two left of the old style handle in nickel. So I placed my order. I'm hoping the finish on the razor is good. And to get the free shipping I added a tin of The Blades Grim Smolder shaving soap. Can't wait until they both get here.

That's awesome if it works out for you!

My next affliction is shaving soap. There are so many out there I'd like to try and so little time! I'd be curious to hear your review of the Blades Grim offering.

Ok. So thanks to you I decided to email Alrossa sales and they told me they had two left of the old style handle in nickel. So I placed my order. I'm hoping the finish on the razor is good. And to get the free shipping I added a tin of The Blades Grim Smolder shaving soap. Can't wait until they both get here.
Good to hear you have one on the way. Hope yours is in better shape than mine was. I'm surprised that they didn't offer me one of the 2 they told you was in stock... They just immediately offered the new handled version so I figured that was all they had in stock. Good luck with yours though...

Just for comparison, mine just came in a few days ago. Here are the pictures. Not perfect quality, but not that bad in my opinion:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's awesome if it works out for you!

My next affliction is shaving soap. There are so many out there I'd like to try and so little time! I'd be curious to hear your review of the Blades Grim offering.

I also have that same affliction. And as it turns out, they are out of all three of the Blades Grim soaps. So I told them to send me a travel tube of the St. James of London shaving cream, Black Pepper and Lime if I'm not mistaken. I'll let you know how that one is. And I'll provide pictures of the razor when it gets here.

And fast shaver, I'm not worried about the handle being slick. I have the Edwin Jagger DE89 with the smooth chrome handle which you would think would be "slicker than a bobsled on ice" yet it isn't. Maybe with soapy hands but I'm constantly making sure I don't have soap on my hands when I shave. Water alone doesn't make it slick. So I'm not worried about that. I am worried that the fit and finish will be along the lines of muzichead's razor. But if that happens, then I'll be returning it for a full refund plus return shipping.

I also have that same affliction. And as it turns out, they are out of all three of the Blades Grim soaps. So I told them to send me a travel tube of the St. James of London shaving cream, Black Pepper and Lime if I'm not mistaken. I'll let you know how that one is. And I'll provide pictures of the razor when it gets here.

And fast shaver, I'm not worried about the handle being slick. I have the Edwin Jagger DE89 with the smooth chrome handle which you would think would be "slicker than a bobsled on ice" yet it isn't. Maybe with soapy hands but I'm constantly making sure I don't have soap on my hands when I shave. Water alone doesn't make it slick. So I'm not worried about that. I am worried that the fit and finish will be along the lines of muzichead's razor. But if that happens, then I'll be returning it for a full refund plus return shipping.
I hope you get the handle you want. Fingers crossed!

I ordered the gold one after reading this thread, I'd been debating after seeing it on Amazon. I really didn't want gold but prime shipping and my impatience won out. I guess I'll find out tomorrow which handle I get.

So, my Schone arrived today. That was quick. After inspection I would say mine looks identical to Mucker's. Same patterns and blemishes in the same places, namely at the base of the post that screws the top cap into the handle. I'll shave with it tomorrow and let you know how it shaves. I don't see the need to post pics since they will look identical to Mucker's. Although mine won't have the same level of photographic integrity.

I don't see the need to post pics since they will look identical to Mucker's. Although mine won't have the same level of photographic integrity.

I don't think I've ever been accused of integrity before! :yikes:

I shaved with mine this morning for the first time, using a brand new Wilkinson Sword blade. I have to say it was a close shave, but the Wilkinson nicked me a few times. I'm still relatively new to DE shaving so I'll own that one. So far the Schone seems to live up to the billing "great razor for the price". It will make a nice travel razor.

I have used mine 2 times now and I don't really like it so far. I like the RR old type better, it is a lot smoother for me anyway. It will probably go up for trade. On a side note I have a Gillette New coming my way. I hope it's as great as the reviews I've read about it. Happy Shave's to all.
Smurf

I have used mine 2 times now and I don't really like it so far. I like the RR old type better, it is a lot smoother for me anyway. It will probably go up for trade. On a side note I have a Gillette New coming my way. I hope it's as great as the reviews I've read about it. Happy Shave's to all.
Smurf

You should like the NEW. Do you know if it is a long or short comb? I have one of each and like them both. Just give it the respect it deserves or it will bite you.

You should like the NEW. Do you know if it is a long or short comb? I have one of each and like them both. Just give it the respect it deserves or it will bite you.
It is a long comb. I found it on etsy. I hope it's smooth. My current favorite razor is Rockwell 6s #4 or 6. Is the New smooth as the Rockwell?

I've never used a Rockwell, so I'm not the right person to ask. But I'm sure someone who has shaved with both will chime in soon enough.

Mine arrived today from Amazon, gold with the grande handle. The finish on mine also seemed on par with Mucker's pictures. I can't really give a useable review for everyone here since I'm a newb but I can say I had zero irritation using an Astra SP. I didn't go for BBS, just wanted to see if I could use a more aggressive razor than my EJ. The end result was similar to what I get with the EJ after a two pass shave with almost no touch up needed (I usually need a lot of touch up along my jaw and under my chin with the EJ). I've been using 7'oclock yellows and blacks in the EJ but used an Astra with the Schone because I was a little intimidated. After this Astra blade is done I'll put a 7 o'clock in and see how it goes.

I've already loaded a Gillette Silver Blue in mine for tomorrow morning's shave. I'll say it feels nice in the hand though.

Just checked USPS and my replacement has reached my P.O. this morning so it will be out for delivery today. I'll try to get some pics of the new handle and head and post them up for all to see. It will be here too late to try out as I've already put my 37C / Shark SS to great use this morning and am on my way out to get my day started...

@MntnMan62 Glad to hear you got yours so quickly, then again you are really close to Alrossa though!! Let us know how it shaves.

@smurfups77 What blade were you using in yours that made it so aggressive for you?

I was able to shave with my new Schone this morning. Loaded it with a Gillette Silver Blue blade, whipped up a nice lather in my lather bowl using a Parker King Size pure badger brush and Castle Forbes Lavender shaving cream. Applied a small amount of Caswell Massey sandalwood pre-shave oil. I did a three pass shave with some touch up. The shave was smooth with no tugging. There was some nice audible feedback. I did notice a weeper near my chin. After the shave I applied alum. Boy did it sting all over. Rinsed off the alum and then applied witch hazel followed by TOBS aftershave balm. Finished with Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec. More sting. The weeper did not go away without applying a fair amount of pressure while driving to a meeting. No irritation was evident other than the sting from alum. Quality of the shave? BBS. I like the razor. It feels nice in the hand. The length is perfect for me as it is the same length as the Merkur 34C HD, vintage fat handle tech etc. I think this will be a nice addition to my rotation. And given the price I may buy another one (with the new handle) to use as a travel razor. I'm curious to hear what others think.

Top Bottom