What's new

Schone O.C. Razor

Matwho clued me in on this Fantastic Razor. Its a great smooth Razor thats a little aggressive if you use pressure. Shave one was yesterday with a X9 Astra SS blade. The shave was better than any other razor I have.! I have a Gillette Tech, Lord L6 & a Star razor. These razors are not bad at all but, many times I have to go ATG to get a nice clean shave. Today's shave was with a Treet Carbon Black blade & it was smooth & close as well. I did not have to go ATG with the Schone Razor, only across the grain. It removed a lot of beard even with the Treet Carbon Black blade. With the Gillette Tech, I have to shave my cheek area twice. Not so with the Schone.! Only one pass did it for the cheek area. Its solid brass & Nichol plated as well. This Razor is a winner for me as it leaved me very impressed.!!

I'm glad you liked it. I keep coming back to this razor and it has given me excellent shaves with every blade I have used with it. Today I loaded it with a Feather and it was as smooth and close as ever. I feel this razor is overlooked by just about everyone.

Some say it is made by Fatip and is a clone of the Piccolo. There is a difference though. The Schone has 9 teeth (excluding the outside edges) while the Fatip has 11. But the handle looks to be the same as the Fatip and the fact it's made in Italy further adds to the Fatip manufacturing case.

It is a nice looking razor. I actually like the beefier teeth on the Schone vs the Fatip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some say it is made by Fatip and is a clone of the Piccolo. There is a difference though. The Schone has 9 teeth (excluding the outside edges) while the Fatip has 11. But the handle looks to be the same as the Fatip and the fact it's made in Italy further adds to the Fatip manufacturing case.

It is a nice looking razor. I actually like the beefier teeth on the Schone vs the Fatip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you are correct, I have both razors and except for the teeth they look and feel the same. I get a much smoother shave with the Schone plus I don't have to fiddle with the blade. Just load it up and shave. That's one of the things that drove me crazy with the Picollo.

492780-a282838b56fbe344722effc46291eb89.jpg

Fatip Piccolo on top Schone on bottom

They're made in Premana, Italy, the same town in the Como region in which the Fatip is made. They are manufactured for Premax and sold under the Schone label. Based on a review of this site, Premax owns or is otherwise affiliated with Fatip.

I bought the gold version, this is one hell of a deal at this price, the Schone gives great shaves with any blade !..very nice weight and balance.

492780-a282838b56fbe344722effc46291eb89.jpg

Fatip Piccolo on top Schone on bottom

Both look nice, but I really like the wider teeth on the Schone. The more I research it, the more it seems that the consensus is that it is pretty aggressive. Is it really too aggressive for a beginner (2 months + or - a week or two) who is finally at the point where he can get consistent 3 pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) shaves and almost never get a cut or nick? I am really starting to want that razor, and I'm not sure I want to wait several more months.

The Piccolo was my first aggressive razor and it improved my technique 100%. It taught me what no pressure means and that with an efficient razor you can get a bbs without pressure or razor burn. I think you should get the Schone and not be afraid of it, just respect it as you would any other razor. Don't underestimate yourself, if you want it get it.
Both look nice, but I really like the wider teeth on the Schone. The more I research it, the more it seems that the consensus is that it is pretty aggressive. Is it really too aggressive for a beginner (2 months + or - a week or two) who is finally at the point where he can get consistent 3 pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) shaves and almost never get a cut or nick? I am really starting to want that razor, and I'm not sure I want to wait several more months.

Man, this thread did it...it put me over. I have ordered a Schone in gold. I also ordered a Parker 26c. So, if it turns out the Schone is a little too much right now, I can put it aside until I'm ready for it and have another very nice OC to go along with my RazoRock Old Type OC that I already have.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Enablers!!! All of you!!! Lol. I want one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just found it on Alrossa.com for less than Amazon ($2 less in gold, $3 less in nickle) but you have to order $30 for free shipping (don't we all need more cream, soap or blades :) ).

I found it when trying to find the answers to some questions here...
It is a hollow handle. Length (not asked): 87mm (3.46"), Weight: 66g (just under 2.33oz)

Top Bottom