What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Scent Nerds: What is the scent of Barbasol Original Canned Foam?

I wasn’t sure where to put this post, so picked here because I figured I’d have the best chance of getting a good answer.

I’m not looking for something that smells like Barbasol.

I’m not looking for a generic description like “it smells fresh and manly”.

I’m really curious to know what individual scents are used to create the overall scent profile. I ask because I cannot for the life of me pick out any notes like I can with almost anything else I’ve sniffed! All I get is it’s a little spicy, but that’s about it. I know there’s way more going on in the fragrance but cannot discern what precisely.

So tell me, what does Barbasol smell like to you? Thanks!

It seems like a spicy barbershop fougere fragrance with many different notes. Most fougeres have lavender, oakmoss and coumarin (tonka bean) as a basic skeleton. Added on to that, this has bergamot, anise, rosemary, geranium, clove, patchouli and gaiac wood. There may be other notes, besides all those.

There's a powdery sort of scent to it, or maybe a powdery effect. I noticed this past Sunday that I tend to sneeze more right after using it than I do with any other shave product!

Top Bottom