What's new

INFO! Scammers! Beware!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Folks -
We just booted a brand new member (joined less than a week ago) who had been in contact with 14 different people via PM, selling a wide variety of different, very popular razors.
He PM'd members and asked them to email him, where he would provide photos of razors from Google Images.
The BST exists for a reason - so that sellers can be vetted and buyers can be reasonably sure that the seller actually has the product.
If you get a PM from someone offering a sale please report this to the Mod Team.
Sales initiated by PM are NOT permitted, and both parties participating are subject to being dropped from B&B as members.

People who respond to improper sales offers are providing an opportunity for scammers to prey on our members.

PM's regarding sales may only be permitted in regards to a sale that is ALREADY POSTED in the BST, and initiated by the BUYER - NOT the SELLER unless it is in response to a Wish To Buy BST thread.

Members who have less than 45 days here, and less than 50 posts are NOT permitted to sell items.

HELP KEEP B&B SAFE FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS -
Don't respond to these offers. Report PM's that offer sales to you.
Any discussion by PM should be initiated by a potential BUYER on items that are already listed in the BST, or by a seller who has 45 days and 50 posts, in response to a Wish to Buy thread posted in the BST.

SELLERS should NOT be sending PM's to people to initiate sales.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Folks -
We just booted a brand new member (joined less than a week ago) who had been in contact with 14 different people via PM, selling a wide variety of different, very popular razors.
He PM'd members and asked them to email him, where he would provide photos of razors from Google Images.
The BST exists for a reason - so that sellers can be vetted and buyers can be reasonably sure that the seller actually has the product.
If you get a PM from someone offering a sale please report this to the Mod Team.
Sales initiated by PM are NOT permitted, and both parties participating are subject to being dropped from B&B as members.

People who respond to improper sales offers are providing an opportunity for scammers to prey on our members.

PM's regarding sales may only be permitted in regards to a sale that is ALREADY POSTED in the BST, and initiated by the BUYER - NOT the SELLER unless it is in response to a Wish To Buy BST thread.

Members who have less than 45 days here, and less than 50 posts are NOT permitted to sell items.

HELP KEEP B&B SAFE FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS -
Don't respond to these offers. Report PM's that offer sales to you.
Any discussion by PM should be initiated by a potential BUYER on items that are already listed in the BST, or by a seller who has 45 days and 50 posts, in response to a Wish to Buy thread posted in the BST.

SELLERS should NOT be sending PM's to people to initiate sales.

Thank you so much Phil, for remaining ever vigilant as always! I do not like scammers, and its unfortunate that this forum has to deal with that sort of thing from time to time. While not very often, I occasionally see spam posts on the board too, and I always make sure to dispatch my report on them with great dispatch.

IDK Phil, I think its safe to say, you just served those scammers up a plate of, Scammers Don't Fool Us, Alla Presto. A special for today only, Phill's scammers dispatching service, 50% off, thats a deal you just can't pass up. Why? Cause Phil's an honorable guy, who always has your back! Thanks again buddy, you are awesome!

:badger:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thank you so much Phil, for remaining ever vigilant as always! I do not like scammers, and its unfortunate that this forum has to deal with that sort of thing from time to time. While not very often, I occasionally see spam posts on the board too, and I always make sure to dispatch my report on them with great dispatch.

IDK Phil, I think its safe to say, you just served those scammers up a plate of, Scammers Don't Fool Us, Alla Presto. A special for today only, Phill's scammers dispatching service, 50% off, thats a deal you just can't pass up. Why? Cause Phil's an honorable guy, who always has your back! Thanks again buddy, you are awesome!

:badger:
I'd love to take credit, but there's just no way we can see all that goes on here.
Luckily, we have vigilant members who report suspicious behavior which gives us an opportunity to get eyes on it.
Thanks to all the great members here who keep an eye out, and help their B&B brothers and sisters.
Sometimes a report gets action right away, sometimes we talk it over a bit, and sometimes we think that it's best not to react at this time, but I can assure you guys we take every report seriously.

Top Bottom