What's new

saponificio veriseno

A new Arko is born!

Just when everyone assumed no soap would be more polarizing than the “Greek Freak”, SV appears.

Arko is made in Turkey and not in Greece.

Greek shaving soaps are not many :
-Savon Mystere
-Occult Grooming Essentials
-Faena
-Kerkini
-Smooth Operator ( unobtainium )
-Have A Nice Shave
and couple more.

But all of them are carefully hand made artisan soaps ,with selected ingredients and of course being of far-far superior quality than Arko .

Arko here in Greece costs less than
3 € and is considered (along with Proraso )to be amongst the worst options for a shaving soap.
Only few greeks -if any at all -actually use it .

It’ makes a fine mosquito-repellent though...

Last edited:
A new Arko is born!

Just when everyone assumed no soap would be more polarizing than the “Greek Freak”, SV appears.

Arko is made in Turkey and not in Greece.

OH LORD!!!! I SHOULD BE SUSPENDED FOR THAT!!! OR BANNED TO ONE OF THE OTHER FORUMS!!

As I was posting I thought it should have occurred to someone, by now, to borrow Giannis Antetokounmpo's nickname.

It's even worse, because I knew it was a Turkish soap.

I can only blame it on Freud (the Austrian neurologist and father of psychoanalysis who was born in... Pribor, now in the Czech Republic!)

That post's gonna be hard to beat!

got my first sv soap along with some paa stuff. love the way the stuff smells, excieted to give it a try

Attachments

• IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 15
got my first sv soap along with some paa stuff. love the way the stuff smells, excieted to give it a try

The only thing that really interests me now is soaps. The scents. Never saw this coming as I’m not a cologne guy. (Of course shave and post feel have to be ok).

I haven’t seen anyone say that SV is a poor performer, even those that wouldn’t pay the price or buy it again.

So, if you loved the scent, you hit the jackpot! Congratulations!

Enjoy!!

Your post is a great one, because that’s one of the essential problems with this hobby: “am I going to like the smell of this soap?” I’m not capable of reading note descriptions at all.

I wished there was a database where you would input soap X you’re interested in, plus 3 to 5 soaps which you know and like the smell of. The database would then tell you:

Out of 50 people who like the scent of soaps A, B and C and have tried soap X:

30 people like the smell of X

15 are indifferent to the smell of X (would use it)

5 people wouldn’t use it based on scent

SV has samples on their site which made it easier to pick out which scents i would like. they even scent me more samples with the first soap i got from them, which i thought was really cool. glad i was able to get some sameples to see what i liked. i think im going with cubebe next then dessert vetiver, tryin to see if opuntia will grow on me.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Quick question for all you SV aficionados out there.
Looking.for a first SV soap and I like what I have heard about 70th Anniversary and Optunia. I do not have sensitive skin.
Some of my favourite soaps at the moment are
Fine Lavender-hard puck
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Razorock XXX
Razorock Don Marco
Or are there any better scents out there

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm willing to settle this question for the lot of you. I've never used this soap, and I have an open mind about it, so if one of you will send me a new, unused puck of SV I will use it and will post a detailed and unbiased report on my experience with SV within 18 months of the receipt of the soap.

It's hilarious, isn't it. Folks misspell the name of the product... I can live with that.

However, if you scroll a couple of pages back, you'll find some true "pearls of wisdom" - people who never tried the said product are telling those who do use it on a regular basis, why they shouldn't, why it's overpriced and in essence why we're all ignorant snobs 😂 😂 😂

Actually I'm not losing my sleep on it, I just chimed in since I live 20 minutes from Varese 😅

Now I will get back to the beginning and try reading a few pearls 👍🏻

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Received SV Opuntia yesterday and had my first shave with it tonight

I have to say it is everything I want in a soap only better. There was enough soap for a 4 pass shave after just a few seconds swirling the brush. The lather was thick and cushiony. The scent was just heavenly and when I put the razor to my face it was slick.
My favourite soap, Fine Lavender Pour Homme, is now unfortunately my second favourite soap.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Received SV Opuntia yesterday and had my first shave with it tonight

I have to say it is everything I want in a soap only better. There was enough soap for a 4 pass shave after just a few seconds swirling the brush. The lather was thick and cushiony. The scent was just heavenly and when I put the razor to my face it was slick.
My favourite soap, Fine Lavender Pour Homme, is now unfortunately my second favourite soap.

Congrats. You've found (IMHO) one of the best soaps on the market today.

Top Bottom