What's new

Santa Maria Novella - What's "hear! hear!" in Italian?

I’ve been using SMN for some time now and really enjoy it. It’s probably my best performing soap/cream. I also really like the scent. My next move is to get the aftershave.

Quick question. Do most of you scoop out the soap before use or do you stick a damp brush in the tub and load? I’ve been scooping and putting in a bowl but curious what others do.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I put some in a Maggard Colt PETG wide jar and lather on it. It will stiffen up in time and become a croap.

Was in Florence this Fall and went into SMN. Bought the pre/post shaving balm that you can shave with. This is my travel kit soap/balm that does it all very well. Pricey but worth it and just great for a 1 product carry on shave solution.

fullsizeoutput_2ec5.jpeg

All I could afford was the razorock one, I bought it when they brought back their EDP as I like having an EDP for all my soaps. It is a great scent, I get more tobacco smoke than pipe tobacco or green tobacco, I love it. I may go for the original when I downsize my soap stash as now I am focused more on quality rather than quantity, but it will be a while since I have to go through a bunch of soaps first.

I’ve been using SMN for some time now and really enjoy it. It’s probably my best performing soap/cream. I also really like the scent. My next move is to get the aftershave.

Quick question. Do most of you scoop out the soap before use or do you stick a damp brush in the tub and load? I’ve been scooping and putting in a bowl but curious what others do.
I started loading the brush directly from the container - but I didn't like the results.
Seems like I had to work too hard to generate good bowl-lather.

So, I started scooping-out a portion to the bowl, and lathering that.
Also, a bit frustrating, because it took a while to break-down the "scoop" to get it to lather well.
And small "chunks" of the material stayed intact.

Now, I scoop out a portion, and add some warm water to the scoop in the bowl, to 'bloom" (soften, really) while I shower.
This method works well for me. I'm able to quickly whip-up some bowl lather, without any "chunks" in the mix. ;-)

I load my damp brush straight from the container, then bowl lather. I've tried scooping some out, but don't like that method as much.

I scoop out a small portion into my bowl, then use the pad of my index finger to spread it into a thin layer across the middle of the bowl surface. Then I use a damp, synthetic brush and it whips right up into a beautiful lather. Sometimes I add a tiny bit of extra water to the brush tips if necessary.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I s oop until it hardens into a croap (it doesn’t take long), then lather on the soap itself.

Top Bottom