What's new

Sandalwood Shave Cream/ Which One?

I am asking opinions on trying to find a great Sandalwood shaving cream.
Taylor's is out for most of Taylors shave creams cause me itching.
I have read that QED Sandalwood is highly recommended.
Thanks! Scotty

Only one I've tried is the one from Cyril R. Salter. But you can go to QED and get the Salter, Trumper's, Vulfix, and Truefitt & Hill all in one shot.

Personally(I'm a newb) I didn't do backflips over the QED sandalwood. Nice scent but next to the bay rum easily forgettable. I have to struggle to smell it while I can smell the bay rum from my neighbor's house.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Even though I'm still a newb to the D/E, I've used the Trumpers Sandalwood s/c for about 7 or 8 years. I still love it and although since I joined the B&B community I now have about 8 different creams/soaps but Trumpers will always be utilized predominantly in my rotation. I have TOBS Sandalwood as well as C&E Sandalwood. IMHO:

1. Trumpers - overall for scent and performance
2. C&E - nice scent and good latherability
3. TOBS - very good latherability but the scent is not as nice as Trumper of
C&E's.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :smile:

Scotty,

I can't say enough good things about Mama Bear's "Mysore Sandalwood". I've posted about it a few times... and, I see no end in sight for doing so. It's not a cream... but, it's a great soap! The only thing that I can say about it additionally is that it's like a cologne purchase that has become my favorite, from the very first time I used it! :thumbup:

chop-chop

I've tried a few sandalwood soaps, and have been disappointed with the lack of scent, but the one cream I've tried, Truefitt & Hill, is loaded with fragrance. So loaded is it, in fact, that it took me a while to warm up to it, but now I really like it. Unfortunately, I don't know if T&H sandalwood is still available (I got two tubes of it on clearance). One problem I have with it is that there seems to be some oily separation that can be seen through the transparant tube. have to shake it up and mix it by squeezing the closed tube...

I like the AoS Sandalwood. It's more of a floral type of scent rather than the intense one you get from QED Sandalwood soap. The AoS performs VERY well.

Of all the sandalwood creams I've tried, the Body Shop cream is my favorite by far. It seems to be the most protective and generates a very rich lather with a small amount of product.

The Vulfix offering is also very nice.

Top Bottom