What's new

Saint Charles Shave - Sandalwood Shave Soap

I recently ordered some Sandalwood shave soap from Sue at St. Charles Shave. Historically, I've not been a huge fan of the Sandalwood scent, but since my tastes have slowly been evolving, I thought I would revisit the scent and try Sue's version. Very nice stuff. I've only used it once so I am not ready to do a full fledged review, but I couldn't hold off on telling you guys how good this soap smells. As I near the time for an all out review, I'll do a little bit of research and see if this is a pure sandalwood scent or if Sue has added a little something special to it. If you are a sandalwood fan, you might want to check this stuff out.

Sue's soaps are incredibly good and smell great. I love the wooden bowls and think that they are among the best made bowls anywhere in terms of wood and finish quality.
Next soaps I order from her will be in individual bowls, no more refills.

Nitrox said:
I love the wooden bowls and think that they are among the best made bowls anywhere in terms of wood and finish quality.
Next soaps I order from her will be in individual bowls, no more refills.

WHAT?!?! Unless she changed 'em, that was one of my main gripes. I love the soap, but T&H, Trumper, Taylor, Kent, DR Harris, Floris, etc all have markedly more elegant, superiorly finished bowls, albeit at a higher price. ESPECIALLY Floris.... that bowl is near art.

I agree that Sue's soaps smell wonderful, but lather-wise they fall short for me. Some of her other products, such as the Buttercream, are superlative.

Top Bottom