What's new

Run on Ammo?

I went on line yesterday to order some 9mm hp for the new Sig and found a lot of vendors out . I did locate some, but shipping is delayed. Target sports shows 12-15 days shipping, but items are in stock, makes you wonder whats' going on.

I was curious from this post and went to Academy yesterday. Sure enough, lots of guys buying ammo.

They had a limit of 3 units per customer. I bought 3 boxes of 20 g target loads at normal price so I can still take my daughter shooting.

I stocked up pretty good a few years back.

Just getting rid of the old ammo and gun models for us....

I did cancel my range trip last weekend. I figured I should conserve a little.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just getting rid of the old ammo and gun models for us....

I did cancel my range trip last weekend. I figured I should conserve a little.

Same here. I have a new Sig to shoot and have not put a single round downrange from it yet. And it's driving me crazy! Since it's not a work gun, I wouldn't feel right putting work ammo thru it. I have a few thousand rounds of my own 9mm at home, But thought I should wait.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
As of today, my gun shops brick and mortar store is closed.

Over the years, I have always bought ammo on a irregular but consistent basis. you know, box here, half a case there, or just whenever I see deals in the sales ads. I tell other friends I know, who have quite a few guns, but never enough ammo for them. I would always tell them, "instead of four pizza's a month, get three pizza's and two boxes of ammo. Or instead of 4 movies a month, go to two movies and a case of ammo.

Now they are complaining about the ammo shortage and asking me to sell them some of my ammo. Hah!

Found a small shop on the edge of town in Brownwood, Texas that had decent supplies of all the popular calibers though the 9mm was picked over. More esoteric 9mm boutique loads were left as well as smaller quantities of generic FMJ stuff. .223 and .22 Long Rifle abounded. I bought a couple boxes of CCI standard velocity .22 Long Rifle for some target work I'm undertaking with old .22 rifles at the range. Also picked up some sample defensive type loadings for the .38 Super. Want to do some chronograph testing before making up hand loads.

At another local gun shop the owner says he's getting some traffic, but supplies were still ample in his shop. I picked up the only box of factory Remington 148 grain hollow base wadcutter target loads he had, just 'cause. Also picked up 500 cast 125 grain round nose lead bullets for hand loading some utility range loads for the .38 Super.

I'm not concerned with ammunition or components for hand loading. In fact I'm intending to shoot more this year.

I’ve got quite a bit of .22lr. I’m thinking of getting a LCR in .22 just to keep up my new “revolver finger.“ Problem is I hear all rimfire triggers suck.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Over the years, I have always bought ammo on a irregular but consistent basis. you know, box here, half a case there, or just whenever I see deals in the sales ads. I tell other friends I know, who have quite a few guns, but never enough ammo for them. I would always tell them, "instead of four pizza's a month, get three pizza's and two boxes of ammo. Or instead of 4 movies a month, go to two movies and a case of ammo.

Now they are complaining about the ammo shortage and asking me to sell them some of my ammo. Hah!

Yep, thats the way to do it. A box here and there and you dont even feel it, but a year or 10 later you'd be surprised how much has actually accumulated lol.

I have an old wooden dynamite case my father found somewhere before I was born in the bottom of my gun cabinet. It's full of 16g shells. Most are slugs, SSG and 7 1/2 lead. His old 16g Wingmaster is sitting in the cabinet right above it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Trade ammo for toilet paper. :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
6B0974C1-B161-4F4B-9877-F96A578A1C88.jpeg

Went into town this morning to pick up something for the wife. The little store had just gotten a truck in and said the item she wanted was somewhere on it, so it went down the street to browse Walmart, not as busy as last week and earlier this week, and they did have TP. Then went down to Atwood's a farm/ranch supply and no 9mm ammo, browsed around there then back to the shop where I bought my Sig, looking for some 124 gr Federal HST, but nothing but some cheap steel and aluminum case ammo. I have plenty of ball ammo so passed on that. The dealer said it was getting hard to find, and I acknowledged what I saw, made me glad I had orsdered a few boxes. I have plenty stashed in the garage, along with plenty of components to load some if I can get over my lazies.

With New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) signed a emergency order last week allowing her to ban the sale and transportation of firearms. Champaign Illinois thinking of doing same, amongst other municipalities to follow suite. All this means that the police will not be able to protect you and yours. It is up to do so, always has been and always will be. They want to take that right away from you. As per policy, I did not mention the "C" word you will notice. BTW: If you are a first time gun owner, I would suggest you get training from a certified instructor....
Smart advice. I ensured my wife had training when I acquired my permit. She is a great shot, but doesn't carry on a regular basis. But, she knows how to safely handle a firearm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom