What's new

Run on Ammo?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Booze never spoils and makes for good barter. Honey too, for the sweet teeth.

the coffee’s a solid choice.

True story - I bought 2 bottles of rum for the first time in my life last week. I thought to myself if the poo really hits the fan then a couple cases of beer just ain’t gonna last. I need something a bit stronger to get me through the long days. Turns out I really like the rum I bought. So yeah....I’ll have to make another stop at the liquor store before the poo hits the fan

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My standbys are all out of ammo now. :(

So tp was first. Ammo second. Wonder what’s next.

Went to the grocery store late last night @ about 01dark30. I was only one of a very few shopping. While the shelves were bare, even the toothpaste section was ransacked. However, the night stockers were stocking the shelves.

I was trying to buy two packages of paper towels but the lady cashier thought it was toilet paper and said you are limited to only one package of TP. I had to show her that they were paper towels and not TP.

Don’t think that when I got home, I didn’t try and see if a paper towel flushes as good as toilet paper.

You know, just checking. ;)

Regarding ammo, "Buy it cheap and stack it deep". I have LOTS of 22rf, (no idea of the number) and enough components to reload everything I shoot.
As a retired senior and heart attack survivor, I'm taking my government's advice. " If you're over 65, stay home". Might as well, since Canada is pretty much shut down.
My freezers are full, and I even have toilet paper! (didn't need to buy any)

@OkieStubble
Paper towels are not kind to my septic system. But...a bag of nasty paper towels will be efficiently eradicated by my trusty fire pit.
5B1060A6-7D09-4764-A87C-07DFDCA59314.jpeg

I buy bulk and work through those, and stay stocked up. re-up’d a big batch of paper a month ago. So I’m good for the next 6 odd months. My chick lives in the city and was mad I didn’t bring her a 6-pack this weekend. I told her as long as she still has a fence, she can go in her back yard and drag herself clean like her dog, she didn’t need my paper. And things will be calmed back down in a week anyway. She didn’t find it as amusing as I did.

the Houston stores are pretty bare, on the regular the last 4 days or so. I’m amazed how a town that’s so used to hurricanes, flooding, tornados.... can have so many short sighted people who’ve forgotten previous lessons.

ok, guilty:

C629F8A8-C141-447E-99F0-BF2E50C17BFD.jpeg

Last edited:
I've not decided if I'm sick with Coronavirus, but I'm sure sick of Coronavirus!

Heard of someone buying up a bunch of bamboo toilet paper at Central Market up in Dallas/Fort Worth for high prices so I've been developing a process to produce mesquite toilet paper this morning.

I'll be rich! Rich!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I've not decided if I'm sick with Coronavirus, but I'm sure sick of Coronavirus!

Heard of someone buying up a bunch of bamboo toilet paper at Central Market up in Dallas/Fort Worth for high prices so I've been developing a process to produce mesquite toilet paper this morning.

I'll be rich! Rich!

Brilliant!

Took a pair of 91/30’s to the LGS and put on consignment. Owner said his suppliers had no .22 LR, 9mm or .223 and didn’t know when they would be resupplied. Sales of all firearms are up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just bought 1000 rounds of .223 Remington for my AR and then I’m sitting in 300 plus rounds of 380 for my edc Glock 42. There was a huge run on .233 5.56 and then 9mm oddly enough the 45 and 10mm wasn’t touched. I will be stocking up on a few boxes of 45.

I work at a gun store part time and a guy came in no joke last week Saturday and said I want a rifle, I said ok no problem what caliber, he goes I don’t care I want that one. He points at a Tikka T3 in 300 win mag, with a scope and said “I’ll take it” never even shouldered it.

I asked some screening questions, like what do you need it for, are you thinking about hunting or have you ever shoot a rifle before. He answered no to all of it and said “I need it for protection” and he passed a background check in a hour. Down the road I guess.

This is a real life situation here we are dealing with. Keep your six watch your 12 guard your 9 have your three. Keep your powder dry boys

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A Tikka in 300 win mag is a nice rifle. If he put a scope on it, I'll bet he wont hit the barn after the first shot lol.

I just bought 1000 rounds of .223 Remington for my AR and then I’m sitting in 300 plus rounds of 380 for my edc Glock 42. There was a huge run on .233 5.56 and then 9mm oddly enough the 45 and 10mm wasn’t touched. I will be stocking up on a few boxes of 45.

I work at a gun store part time and a guy came in no joke last week Saturday and said I want a rifle, I said ok no problem what caliber, he goes I don’t care I want that one. He points at a Tikka T3 in 300 win mag, with a scope and said “I’ll take it” never even shouldered it.

I asked some screening questions, like what do you need it for, are you thinking about hunting or have you ever shoot a rifle before. He answered no to all of it and said “I need it for protection” and he passed a background check in a hour. Down the road I guess.

This is a real life situation here we are dealing with. Keep your six watch your 12 guard your 9 have your three. Keep your powder dry boys
Wow. Just wow. He will probably never even fire it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom