What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Resin stabilized spalted Maple Stubby-styled brush with a Shavemac 2-band silvertip, bulb shaped 23 mm knot with a loft of about 47/48 mm.
The brush has a small flaw, a flat spot on the lower area of the handle - this is reflected in the price for the brush:
$125 shipped in CONUS.

$IMG_3626.jpg$IMG_3627.jpg$IMG_3628.jpg$IMG_3629.jpg

Rudy Vey

New material in the house!! This variation of the Moonjava was just received end of last week from the UK. It is more on the blue/green colors, so a little colder tones than the standard MJ.
Just turned the first handle from it. To show this one off, I stuck a Plisson-like knot in it.
$IMG_3678.jpg$IMG_3679.jpg

I had bought a custom brush from Rudy earlier this year and I absolutely loved it, by far and away the most used brush in my mini collection. So I decided to get another one for myself for Christmas, but once it arrived it was intercepted and I was told I would have to wait till then to use it... she let me snag some photos though.

The photos don't do it justice, but in person it is fantastic. This time around I tried a 26mm Shavemac knot (first was a 24mm Shavemac).

Counting the days till first use...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rudy Vey

Wishing all my customers - past and future, and all my friends a very Merry Christmas!! Hope you have a peaceful holiday with your loved ones.

Rudy Vey

I bought this brush a few months ago, and have used it about 5 times. Personally, I do not care for the hollow handle and the higher loft of the Plisson brushes, so this one needs to go.

The brush comes in its original box and also a plexiglass stand that came with it.
$150, Shipping with First Class in CONUS is included.

View attachment 711834

$IMG_3699.jpg$IMG_3698.jpg$IMG_3701.jpg

After two years of using the same shave gear, it was time for an upgrade. I chose an RV brush. As many have said, Rudy is a true pleasure to work with. I selected a Beehive, Persian Jar, and Tulip combination handle in the blue/green Moonjava with a 25 mm Muehle STF knot set at Rudy's recommended 53 mm loft.

After a trip to the engraver next weekend, it will head my way.

J

Rudy Vey

I am looking for Floris Elite Shaving Cream, seems to have been discontinued, but I also know that we have some hoarders here on B&B and one maybe willing to let one (or two) go. Buy or trade, whatever the person likes.

After some input from the brothers here I started communicating with Rudy yesterday about crafting me a brush. I wanted a flat Shavemac 2 band Silvertip 24mm knot with a less less than 1:2 loft in a Zebra stripe Beehive handle. After swapping a few emails he notified me this morning that this is what it will look like. Less than 24 hours after ordering! Headed to the engraver, glue up and shipping on Monday. How's that for service!! Thanks Rudy!

$IMG_3704.jpg

$IMG_3705.jpg

Top Bottom