What's new

Rooney Woes

Yikes! That's a lot of hair loss. When you can fill a bag with hair you know you have a problem...

I have a Rooney 3, 1 that shed for 2-3 months at least a few hairs a shave. I was close to sending it back to the vendor but I decided to keep it and it has since quit shedding. I combed it out twice which netted about 10 hairs per combing. It was so stuffed when I got it, I don't think the 50 or so hair it lost made much of a difference.

I received a Ronney 3/1 from Jim at Vintageblades last Thursday. I've used it for a week and have not lost one hair. The brush is great and the service from Vintageblades was incredible.

I received a Ronney 3/1 from Jim at Vintageblades last Thursday. I've used it for a week and have not lost one hair. The brush is great and the service from Vintageblades was incredible.
+1.
Got my 3/1 from Jim earlier this week. Only used twice, but no hair loss. Love the brush and handle. Jim's service was great. Received it the day after I placed the order.

Unfortunately, when we do get a "shedder" I can almost always count on seeing a post on one of the forums about it. But unlike with Nick here, we rarely see mention about how easily the process was handled with either Erin or myself to facilitate the exchange for a replacement brush.

Sorry, Jim. I started the thread and I guess I should have been more explicit in saying how great everybody at Vintage Blades - especially Erin in my case- had been in helping me.

I just hesitated in calling y'all out by name in a public venue since you are a vendor, not the maker, of Rooney brushes, and my biggest concern was really the shedding issue itself.

I received my replacement brush yesterday and shaved with it today. So far, so good. :thumbup1:

Vintage Blades has gone above and beyond in standing behind its products and has given me remarkable customer service.

Last edited:
sorry, jim. I started the thread and i guess i should have been more explicit in saying how great everybody at vintage blades - especially erin in my case- had been in helping me.

I just hesitated in calling y'all out by name in a public venue since you are a vendor, not the maker, of rooney brushes, and my biggest concern was really the shedding issue itself.

I received my replacement brush yesterday and shaved with it today. So far, so good. :thumbup1:

Vintage blades has gone above and beyond in standing behind its products and has given me remarkable customer service.

+1 000

Sorry, Jim. I started the thread and I guess I should have been more explicit in saying how great everybody at Vintage Blades - especially Erin in my case- had been in helping me.

I just hesitated in calling y'all out by name in a public venue since you are a vendor, not the maker, of Rooney brushes, and my biggest concern was really the shedding issue itself.

Vintage Blades has gone above and beyond in standing behind its products and has given me remarkable customer service.
When I bought a brush for my girlfriends dad Erin even hand wrote me a note saying thank you for being a repeat customer, which to me is unheard of from 99% of vendors and not to be corny it made my day and made me feel like a special customer. I can't say enough about how great there company is and would suggest them to anyone I know in pure confidence. :thumbup1:

SWMBO got me a Rooney 3/1 for Christmas, and man - this thing makes my Vulfix Pure look like a toothbrush! It lathers phenomenally - I love it. It did shed 5 hairs, however, so I'm keeping my eye on it. Will report back.

Glad to hear that cause I just ordered a 1/2 - hope I get the same lot.
Same lot won't have much to do with it. I have a T&H 1/2 and I posted earlier that it didn't shed the first week. Since then, 2-4 lost every day over the last 3 weeks.

It really is pot luck. It's understandable given the hand made nature, and I know my vendor will look after me if mine continues to be a problem, but it's hugely annoying none the less.

I have a Rooney 3/2 with which I have been shaving for about 2 months. I have lost a total of about 5 hairs. Being a newbie, I just figured this was normal and not excessive. T&H did not seem alarmed.

I have had my Rooney 1/2 for about a week now and no shedding what so ever. But hell - the thing is so packed I don't think loosing a few hairs would effect its performance much.

Top Bottom