What's new

Ronson razor, it "Shaves and Sharpens"

I picked up this Ronson razor at an antique store yesterday, it is quite unique so I thought I would share some pics with you

From what little info I found, these were made in the early 1930's but I do not know for how long they were produced.
The case is quite heavy, in decent shape and has an art deco look to it

The inside of the case is in good condition and the razor is in very nice shape. The blades are incorrect, it should of come with a metal blade box

The stropping roller that you would roll against the palm of your hand to sharpen the blade

The top of the razor

By pushing on the bottom of the handle, the inside of the razor is raised so you can pivot the blade holder to sharpen the other side

The blade holder raised and the head turned sideways

Bottom of the head

A few pics of the blade cap off showing the Ronson proprietary blade and how it fits

Here is a pic of the blade, it is quite thick, Im sure it could be sharpened to make the razor useable (maybe)

I am going to attempt to make a standard DE blade work in the Ronson..it shouldnt take much to mod a blade
Here is the Ronson blade on top of an Astra, the holes line up, just need to trim the sides a bit to fit the notches.

Here is the razor disassembled

An advertisement from 1932

Thanks for looking
Kevin

That is a great price I wish you many BBS shaves with it. I too have one of these razors and thanks to your pictures I see a modern DE blade will work. Guess what I am using tomorrow night?

Hey Gary, let me know how it goes with yours. I plan on trimming and notching the DE blade using scissors.
i have modded blades with scissors before and it works quite well, just watch out for the pieces of cut blade flying around!

Thanks for sharing the great pics. That is one I have never seen before. I am interested to see how the shave went.

Nice find, those are some of the best pictures of the Ronson I have seen, very informative and helpful, thank you. Looking forward to hearing how the shave went.

Top Bottom