What's new

Romano Martegani shoes

proxy.php

anyone have an opinion on this brand? I came across these via shoemart.com and thought they looked pretty darned nice for wingtip oxfords. any ideas how these fit?

They aren't wing tips. Personaly I would never wear a shoe with that square of a toe, not to mention the square detailing.

hmmm, they were described as wingtips on the shoe site...or some other site for that matter.

those are chiseled toes, not square imho

"Brogues, often known as wingtips in the United States, are low-heeled shoes made of heavy leather, originating in Scotland and Ireland as a coarse, usually untanned leather shoe. The term wingtip derives from the toe cap pattern, which forms a W and resembles the profile of spreading bird wings." -Wikepedia

like this:
proxy.php

proxy.php

anyone got any thoughts on this style? would this be appropriate with a suit or is this too informal/casual?

I always say wear what you like and are comfortable in.

The shoes shown appear to be corrected leather and are "fashionable" in a way that may seem dated in a couple few years. Brouging and wingtips in general have morphed from their origins into dress shoes, so the shoes shown could be appropriate. A good pair of cap toe balmorals could serve you from school graduation till they nail the box shut.

A Balmoral cap toe- Timeless and classic

here is a Balmoral wing tip-

And a Blucher wing tip

Last edited:
I always say wear what you like and are comfortable in.

The shoes shown appear to be corrected leather and are "fashionable" in a way that may seem dated in a couple few years. Brouging and wingtips in general have morphed from their origins into dress shoes, so the shoes shown could be appropriate. A good pair of cap toe balmorals could serve you from school graduation till they nail the box shut.

A Balmoral cap toe- Timeless and classic

here is a Balmoral wing tip-

And a Blucher wing tip

i'd be all over the Aldens as my first choice, unfortunately, the 2 clothiers in town don't really have much in stock for me to try on. i'd be able to try on the R Martegani's which is why i'm considering them

Top Bottom