What's new

rockviper's journal of shaving, gardening and chess adventures

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Done! My year solely using Injectors for my daily shave is complete. :a17:

I'm not sure what I will use tomorrow, as I really did enjoy my year of shaves. I did find that I much prefer my I2 Hydro-Magic over my E2.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and wishing you all a wonderful 2019!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
As of today, I no longer own any straight razors, whether traditional western, kamisori, or Feather AC type), nor any straight razor accessories (e.g. strops, hones, etc...) I do have an unused shavette that will go to someone from my P.160 PIF, and as such, I don't classify that one as something I "own."

It's been a blast for around 6 1/2 years, my friends, even though the last few have been stolen by the evil Injector! (BTW, outside of a Sensor and an unused Mach-3, that is my ONLY razor)

Perhaps in a few more years, we might see a v3 of my straight journal. One never knows!

You like what you like and that's all that matters. I've been reducing my straight razor inventory as well, but still have a few. These days, my primary razor of choice is the Merkur Progress.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That's an excellent selection, @cmh737 !
If I was to go back to using a DE, it would be that one (short handled version) and perhaps the old discontinued open comb Merkur 1904 (always liked the look of that one).

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wowsa! Almost a year and a half since I've posted a journal entry! :eek2: Let's see if I can catch everyone up on events since then.
- Finished college (accounting, top of class in my 50s. Woot! Old folks rock! :wheelchair: :hips:)
- Discovered CBL soaps
- Got a job as an accountant with a local company (10 minute commute on a bad day)
- Got into synthetic brushes. Have a Chubby 2, Yaqi Sagrada, Asylum Cheswick
- Picked up a Feather R2D2 AS-D2 (Awesome razor, rivalling my I2 Hydro-Magic injector)
- Retired near the end of September

See? Not much happened at all. :blush:

So you got a job as accountant and then retired. Enough time to become vested? All kidding aside, congrats on completing college (at the top of your class!). Hope you and yours are well. One of these days, I hope to be again be passing through your neck of the woods - gots to get me a Tim Horton's fix. :cool:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have a bunch of CBL stuff, including the Premium and Tonsorial line, but have not yet tried the Master Barber lineup. The Premium is soft and croap-like, while the Tonsorial is a harder puck. Both perform very well and it's simply a matter of picking the form and scent that appeals to you. I have not sniffed the Granite yet.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well, only the last 2 items (Feather AS-D2 and retirement) happened this year. :blush: The rest was in 2019.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A quick review of 2020 from a shaving perspective.

I received my Feather ASD2 at the end of August and have spend most days using it, with an occasional fortnight with my Hydro-Magic I2 injector (which is how long a Personna blade lasts me). The ASD2 is a very nice piece of kit and can easily serve as my daily driver, and I have fairly quick growing whiskers.

The other thing of note this year is that I used nothing but synthetic brushes:
- Chubby 2
- Yaqi Sagrada
- Asylum Cheswick
All were more than serviceable but my order of listing is my preference. Today's synths are just as good as any other knot IMO.

Here's to a better 2021.🍾

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
It's gotta be better than the last one. :badger:

Jan.01: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(4) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Bonus shaves: 0
Missed shaves: 0

MONTHStraightDESECartTotal
JAN00
FEB00
MAR00
APR000
MAY00
JUN00000
JUL000
AUG00
SEP00
OCT000
NOV00
DEC0
TOTAL00

Jan.01: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(4) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Jan.02: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(5) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

A wonderful looking light snowfall overnight, just picture perfect. Alas, it means that someone might break their neck on the sidewalk so ... after a cup'o'joe to start the day, off I go a caroling shoveling! :lol:

Bonus shaves: 0
Missed shaves: 0

MONTHStraightDESECartTotal
JAN00
FEB00
MAR00
APR000
MAY00
JUN00000
JUL000
AUG00
SEP00
OCT000
NOV00
DEC0
TOTAL00

Jan.02: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(5) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Top Bottom