What's new

Nightcap's Journey into Straight Razor Shaving

Day 50

Nice shave this morning with the Rodgers. I am very happy with my progress after 50 shaves. I have found an enjoyable routine and at this time do not feel the need to vary the products I use as the Proraso green line seems to agree very well with my skin.

Day 52

Nice shave with the Rodgers this morning. After roughly two and a half months the moustache is also progressing.

Days 55 & 56

Nice shaves with the Rodgers, still performing after 130 years.

Now that's an awesome looking bit of face fur... well done!

Thanks phat.

I am in for a treat tomorrow as the PRC Kraken came in today. This is my first new razor since this whole adventure started with a Gold Dollar.

Days 55 & 56

Nice shaves with the Rodgers, still performing after 130 years.

Thanks phat.

I am in for a treat tomorrow as the PRC Kraken came in today. This is my first new razor since this whole adventure started with a Gold Dollar.

Make sure you post Kraken pics.. I keep wanting to buy one but haven't managed yet.

Day 57

Wonderful first shave with the Kraken this morning, extra mindful of the spike point. I decided to try the edge without stropping and it worked brilliantly. Scott at PRC really puts a nice edge on his razors. I highly recommend these blades.

Day 58

Excellent shave with the Kraken this morning. The razor is well balanced, feels good in the hand and the quarter hollow ground French point blade shaves accurately and smoothly while providing auditory feedback. I am also very pleased with the Portland Razor Co 3 inch strop. The Kraken is now my favorite razor, and will likely see frequent use.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 33
Day 59

Nice shave with the Kraken this morning. Small scratch on the backside of my right ear lobe from brushing the point while lifting from an upward stroke below the ear.

Ummm, sounds ike you're doing it wrong :blink:

Hmm, I understand how that could be taken the wrong way. This happened when making a pass up the side of the neck toward my ear. The shaving went fine, but when I pulled the razor away the toe poked the back of my ear lobe. It was very minor and the styptic pencil closed it right up. The spike point does require extra attention, but I appreciate the precision it offers.

Day 60

Up at 4 AM for work this morning. Nice shave with the Kraken. I really like this razor and strop.

Day 62

Another nice shave with the Kraken. I am becoming more accustomed to shaving with this razor and am still enjoying it quite a bit.

Day 63

After a busy weekend at work, I had a leisurely shave with the Kraken this morning. Nice two pass, close comfortable shave while listening to the National Symphony of Ukraine play Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition.

Days 64 & 65

I have fallen into a nice routine, shaving daily with the Kraken. I am a bit of a minimalist and tend to stick with something if it meets my needs. Therefore, I will likely be updating this journal less frequently, and/or if something significant occurs. I am extremely pleased with straight shaving and glad that I began. Thank you all for your support.

Top Bottom