What's new

Nightcap's Journey into Straight Razor Shaving

Day 80

I have become very comfortable with the Kraken. Shaving daily with fine results. The process has also become much more efficient, now I can finish an unhurried two pass shave, (including stropping) in fifteen minutes. I am nearly out of aftershave, so I just ordered another bottle of Proraso green, to which I added three menthol crystals.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
15 minutes is excellent timing. :thumbup1: I don't time my shave but my entire morning routine in the bathroom is around 23 minutes.

ca. Day 160

The straight razor shaving journey is progressing well. I am still enjoying the Portland Kraken and C. O. Bigelow (Proraso Green) shaving cream. I have switched to a homemade aftershave (alcohol, witch hazel, glycerin, menthol crystals and eucalyptus oil) and homemade moustache wax (4:3 beeswax to petroleum jelly and a drop of pine oil). I would like to make a shaving soap, but have an ample supply of cream at the moment.

We are in the process of building our new home and I do not have running water in the room where I shave. I have found that the straight razor lends itself well to use with a bowl of water, and the process lends a historical air to the morning routine.

:euro:

Top Bottom