What's new

rockviper's journal of shaving, gardening and chess adventures

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Having served its purpose for 21 days of duty, Schick blade #3 for the year was tossed after this morning's shave.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Not from my garden. I must be planting the upside down. :tongue_sm

But, yes, these are the standard Chick (Chinese Schick) blades that I can go a month on.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Prior to this year, a Schick blade would go a month before I'd toss it. Cut that down to 3-weeks for this year just to splurge. I also have Personnas/Pellas(I think they are the same) but have not used any of them yet, so no ide on how well they work or their longevity.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Another month is in the books and I am still rocking along with my chosen setup for 2018...
full

My P.160 Tipo Morbido is still in use but, alas, my Swiss Pitralon AS was finished during the week; it is GREAT stuff! I am now on to 100ml of Floid Suave.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
After today's shave, I swapped out the Injector blade as it has served its 3 weeks of daily use. Tomorrow will be shave-1 on blade#6 for the year.

I am giving some thoughts to swapping over to either my EJ Super or my Graydog horse in May.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yeah, shavewise things are pretty much in the "straightforward" category with my current setup.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Indeed.

I did switch over to my EJ Super brush at the start of the month. Let's see if it lasts all of May or if I revert to my B&B Essential boar.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The month of May was spent with two brushes:
- EJ Super (1st half)
- @Graydog horse (2nd half)

Both were used face lathering with my P.160 stick and while the EJ worked well enough, it was much more of a lather hog than my horsie. The horsie is pretty gosh darn close to my B&B Essential boar in terms of being my favorite brush. I have reverted to the B&B Essential boar at the start of June, as I want to try to stay with the same soap/brush combo this year as much as I can.

I did finish a 100ml decant of Floid Suave yesterday. Its great stuff (I have more!) and have switched over to 100ml of Proraso Green for the summer months. While the Floid has menthol, the Proraso green kicks it up a notch.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
6 months with "just" daily Injector shaves and guess what? I have no complaints at all! I think I have finally found my shaving "home."

No urgings or longings to use my straights either. Uh-oh :a48:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
It's over 5 months since my last update and my year with an Injector continues. I have no regrets about taking this on and have not even had a single day where I wished I would use something else. If nothing else, it has cured any RAD I might have had.

If nothing else, it has cured any RAD I might have had.

Great to hear. I have the same I2 that see little to no use. I should revisit him with better blades, I only have the Ted Pellas and I'm not impressed. I know there are better blades around (Chicks, Proline) but I never took the plunge due to the exorbitant shipping rates.

It's over 5 months since my last update and my year with an Injector continues. I have no regrets about taking this on and have not even had a single day where I wished I would use something else. If nothing else, it has cured any RAD I might have had.
72920-inconceivable-gif-Princess-Bri-Z2Av.gif

I'm so happy for your wallet! :)
I think I could go 100% Schick adjustable with Chicks and be completely happy, then again those Japanese twin blades sound pretty good!

Top Bottom