What's new

RIP Tom Magliozzi

I've had the pleasure of meeting Ray twice at the news stand across the street from Dewey, Cheatem & Howe. (yes, there offices are really located in Harvard Square in "our fair city..." Ray would buy cigars in that newsstand and hold court with some of the old townies. When non-townies would recognize his voice, do a double take and ask for autograph, he would ask what kind of car you had, pick up a lottery mega-bucks blank ticket and write you an autograph.

With Tommy's death, behind all of the stock memorials there were stories that came out that the two brothers were great and quiet philanthropists and helped a number of people over the years. So here's to Tommy, who along with his brother Ray, single-handedly mitigated the stuffiness of NPR.

RIP to Tom. I had NO idea that he was 77 years old! NPR did a GREAT memoir piece about him on Fresh Air yesterday. (I'm assuming that is the OP link). Every Saturday morning was filled with his voice when I was a child.

I'm glad to hear that they are going to keep distributing the show. Tom is one of the great comedians of our time!

I was very sad to learn this. I have very fond memories of listening to Click and Clack on Saturdays while working on my 1968 Austin Mini Cooper with my dad. They were always good for a laugh.
He will surely be missed.

Top Bottom