What's new

Rex Any Day (RAD)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
A quick 2 pass shave this evening with the buttery smooth Rex & Bic Chrome combo. I’m really starting to enjoy this pairing as i get 4-5 great shaves per blade and it just feels wonderfully smooth in the Rex. May not be for everyone but, it sure works great for me.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1534825

I can confirm your findings fine sir! I too have the Rex Ambassador, and Bic blades are what I used in it, most of the time. Gillette 7 O Clock GREENS work good in it too. I have been using Wizamet blades in my Rex these days, and for some reason, the Rex bites me easier with them, which is odd, cause their excellent blades in most razors. But yeah, I think for the Rex, its Bic's and 7 O Clock GREENS for sure.

Beautiful picture! 😍 Here's mine!

proxy.php

I can confirm your findings fine sir! I too have the Rex Ambassador, and Bic blades are what I used in it, most of the time. Gillette 7 O Clock GREENS work good in it too. I have been using Wizamet blades in my Rex these days, and for some reason, the Rex bites me easier with them, which is odd, cause their excellent blades in most razors. But yeah, I think for the Rex, its Bic's and 7 O Clock GREENS for sure.

Beautiful picture! 😍 Here's mine!

proxy.php

I've had good success with a variety of blades in the Rex but, the Bic Chrome have been a mini revelation for me and also the 7 O'clock Greens from Gillette have been nearly as good. I've also tried the Minora blades from Gillette and they have proven to be excellent as well. Feathers have been great but, they are 2 great shave performers and then down hill from there. Might get lucky and get a 3rd good shave but, that's the rare anomaly than the norm.

Nice looking Rex. Great shaves to you. :thumbup1:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Keep taking them nature shots! Only in my crazy head of mine, the full name of that razor is, the Ambassador to the Tyrannosaurs Rex. So it might as well be among the foliage. As it prey's upon and stocks you, and just when you least expect it, the Rex leaps up, and cuts them whiskers off with great gusto. May it dispatch your whiskers with great dispatch!

A really nice relaxing shave this morning after all the festivities from yesterday. Easy & smooth was the theme for today. 4 & 3 did the heavy lifting in the first two passes with 2 finishing off a light buff around the chin and jawline. A really good result at the end.

ECA9C3B2-9ED0-4D68-BB67-CD8E79B730F2.jpeg

I should of posted some of my Rex shavings, Ambassador XL and Konsul when I did in here, forgot about it. Modern May is coming so I know out of the few moderns I have I will use for sure.

Razor Emporim sells blemish REX’s. Last time I stopped they had two Ambassado Blens.

I could see nothing wrong until girl working there pointed out Blemish, had I had the extra money I would have bought.

As she said our customer who pay list, expect perfection.

If you ever make it to Razor Empourium, ask about blems.

My Rex Ambassador has sat on the sidelines too long, as my Timeless Ti .95 saw all the action. So, I’m starting Ambassador Any Day, so as not to interfere with Timeless Tuesday, Wolfman Wednesday or Blackland Thursday (and showing due respect to the gods of alliteration). But not to worry. Envoy and Konsul shavers are welcome too!View attachment 1493615
I just got my rex a few months ago and sat on a shelf for 3 months so i finally took it out of the box and got my first shave, they did a hell of a job on this razor buddy I am a vintage Gillette Fatboy fan but i wanted to try some of the new gear out and im glad i did!

I was about to order a Fatip originale and a sloc, but the return to the Rex made me put it on hold. Not sure for how long... ☺️
The Ambassador just delivers unforgettable and easy shaves. Today I used it on 5 with, 5 across and 4 across the grain. Used blade was Rapira Super Stainless.

A true RAAD-killer 😎
View attachment 1506621
The Ambassador is literally the only razor I use, and need at this point. I've PIFed my other razors (3 Merkur open combs, Merkur Futur amd Fatip) to my kids. Not only was the Rex Ambasador a RAD killer for me, it was truly great enough that I don't want to use anything else, lol.

Evening! Today's shave:

Razor: Rex Ambassador settings 3, 1.5, 1.5 on the 3 passes, no touchups
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Brush: Omega Pro Boar
Aftershave: DR Harris Arlington

Love this razor, checks all the boxes for me, high quality construction, gets under the nose, can adjust to use daily or take down a beard. The Gillette was an excellent blade choice today, and DR Harris is still in my top scents. Cheers

Top Bottom