What's new

Rex Any Day (RAD)

20220805_140615-01.jpeg

Rex Konsul for the win today... :001_wub:

I'm not much into adjustables, so I can't say anything concerning the Rex Ambassador. But my go to razor is the Rex Envoy. I love everything about it.
It's level of aggression (efficiency) is just right for me. It's beautiful, with the grippiest handle you're likely to find. Build like a tank, so my grandson will most likely be passing it on to his grandson. :yesnod:

I'm not much into adjustables, so I can't say anything concerning the Rex Ambassador. But my go to razor is the Rex Envoy. I love everything about it.
It's level of aggression (efficiency) is just right for me. It's beautiful, with the grippiest handle you're likely to find. Build like a tank, so my grandson will most likely be passing it on to his grandson. :yesnod:
I have read that the Envoy is same efficiency as an Ambassador set on 3-4, which is where I usually keep it. Totally agree on the grip. Best of the best handles.

20220805_140615-01.jpg
The Konsul 's just a splendid shaver... less blade forward than the Ambassador, but still efficient (on all settings). But I love them both for what they are: perfectly crafted shaving tools which give excellent shaves every single time I use them..

But back to the SOTD. It'sbeen a lovely smooth shave, three passes made for a beautiful BBS shave result.

We are attending a wedding this weekend, which means travelling.
So I'll do another run with the Konsul (and the other gear pictured) for my Sunday shave. 😀

Last edited:
20220805_140859-01-01.jpeg
Same setup as yesterday, as announced. Another beautiful run with the absolutely gorgeous smelling Royal Forest shaving cream and the Konsul on settings 3 and 1. Smooth, yet efficient. Two passes, almost BBS.

Getting back home now... 😀

Enjoy your Sunday shave, y'all!

I asked Rex if I could get the Ambassador with the Konsul handle, as I love the look- They said no. Too bad.

I'm intrigued by the Konsul, but by one and only experience with a slant razor (a Merkur 37c that I have) is not great. I don't know if I should generalize that I'm not a slant guy or if the Konsul is next-level stuff and I shouldn't generalize.

What did put you off?
To be fair, it could totally be user error, as perhaps I'm not used to the slant. I got the Merkur 37c in a PIF and have used it probably about 8 times so far. At first, I was not getting close shaves at all, noting that it was hard to determine if there was proper angle and contact with the blade. Then I started to adjust angles and noted (counterintuitively) that if I ride the cap a bit more, there's oddly more blade feel (this was preferable). Then I noted that I required much more time for touch ups and it was not that efficient.

Blades have made a big difference so far, and I noted Feather was too aggressive feeling for this razor, but Nacet was good. Out of curiosity, I just did a shave with it just now (WTG, XTG, ATG) and really took my time. This time, I used a Voskhod blade from a sampler pack, and I got a very good shave (it took a lot of touch ups, however).

So in short, my slant experience has been inconsistent and definitely inefficient, but ultimately, it may just be the requirement for me to make adjustments. My Yates 921H on the other hand- WTG, ATG, done! BBS.

To be fair, it could totally be user error, as perhaps I'm not used to the slant. I got the Merkur 37c in a PIF and have used it probably about 8 times so far. At first, I was not getting close shaves at all, noting that it was hard to determine if there was proper angle and contact with the blade. Then I started to adjust angles and noted (counterintuitively) that if I ride the cap a bit more, there's oddly more blade feel (this was preferable). Then I noted that I required much more time for touch ups and it was not that efficient.

Blades have made a big difference so far, and I noted Feather was too aggressive feeling for this razor, but Nacet was good. Out of curiosity, I just did a shave with it just now (WTG, XTG, ATG) and really took my time. This time, I used a Voskhod blade from a sampler pack, and I got a very good shave (it took a lot of touch ups, however).

So in short, my slant experience has been inconsistent and definitely inefficient, but ultimately, it may just be the requirement for me to make adjustments. My Yates 921H on the other hand- WTG, ATG, done! BBS.
I see. Unfortunately I have never shaved with a Yates or a Merkur 37 C, I only own a clone of the latter, a Razorock German 37, which gives me nice shaves if I choose a sharp blade.

I'd say the Konsul is more efficient on the highest settings than the clone, but I haven't done a side by side shave with these two razors to date... so please take this finding with a grain of salt.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220525_223827~2.jpg

The Envoy is one of my favorite razors. In my Big Dogs Category, an incredible value for the money and could definitely be a daily driver. :001_wub:

I was about to order a Fatip originale and a sloc, but the return to the Rex made me put it on hold. Not sure for how long... ☺️
The Ambassador just delivers unforgettable and easy shaves. Today I used it on 5 with, 5 across and 4 across the grain. Used blade was Rapira Super Stainless.

A true RAAD-killer 😎
april_2022-08-17-15-11-07-192.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent first shave with my new Rex Envoy.

I would call it medium aggression with above-average efficiency, definitely a great daily driver. Excellent build quality. Knurling is a little sharp but I honestly did not notice it during the shave. I don't see how anyone could drop this razor; it's got grip.

Used an Astra SP today with excellent results and will try some others going forward.

Not sure what's up with my phone camera, the razor is the standard stainless steel finish.

20220823_053558.jpg

Excellent first shave with my new Rex Envoy.

I would call it medium aggression with above-average efficiency, definitely a great daily driver. Excellent build quality. Knurling is a little sharp but I honestly did not notice it during the shave. I don't see how anyone could drop this razor; it's got grip.

Used an Astra SP today with excellent results and will try some others going forward.

Not sure what's up with my phone camera, the razor is the standard stainless steel finish.

View attachment 1509881
It’s your Envoy subliminally saying “Plate me in gold”!

Top Bottom