What's new

Timeless Ti on top?

Ok, just out of experiment I shaved yesterday with the Carbon Cx Ti .68 plate and then the Blackbird Ti today. Both using a Nacet, although it was #2 in the carbon. There is no doubt for me, the Carbon has more blade feel and the Blackbird is a lot more efficient. I can also tell you today, I can go at least an extra half of a day before I need to shave with the BB.

So if the goal is efficiency, truly the BB is a different razor. If it is comfort, blade feel and mimicing a straight razor, it’s the Carbon Ti for me. Unfortunately the Timeless is not around to test anymore.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am currently experimenting a lot with my Blackbird regarding the shaving angle, and as I noticed the OC liked it SHALLOW, I also tried it with the SB.

My impression was that the Blackbird goes best in the shallow to neutral range, while I tend to shave very steep with the Timeless Slim and Bronze.

Please let me apologize for going somewhat off topic, but people saying they shaved steep with the Blackbird caused me to revisit the Blackbird.

I define steep and shallow exactly as GlazedBoker described it and I noticed the Blackbird gives quite some leeway how steep or shallow one wants to go, but I found it to prefer it more shallow and not steep.

Slightly off topic interjection finished, sirs!

(inches backwards deferentially)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I am currently experimenting a lot with my Blackbird regarding the shaving angle, and as I noticed the OC liked it SHALLOW, I also tried it with the SB.

My impression was that the Blackbird goes best in the shallow to neutral range, while I tend to shave very steep with the Timeless Slim and Bronze.

Please let me apologize for going somewhat off topic, but people saying they shaved steep with the Blackbird caused me to revisit the Blackbird.

I define steep and shallow exactly as GlazedBoker described it and I noticed the Blackbird gives quite some leeway how steep or shallow one wants to go, but I found it to prefer it more shallow and not steep.

Slightly off topic interjection finished, sirs!

(inches backwards deferentially)
Most customers benefit from a shallower angle than normal. So I’d recommend giving that a try if you aren’t currently.
~doug~

1656867205522.png
1656867205522.png

Still the best description.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just an update. You inspired me to use my Ti Slim SB plate tonight. I concentrated on maintaining a shallow angle (handle closer to skin) and the shave was closer than it previously ever was before, although still not quite as close as the .95 OC plate. I’ll work on it and see if I can master that narrow shaving angle the Slim plate seems to favor. Thanks!

Steep & Shallow Shaving Angles.640.7-22..png

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
A smooth and easy shave with the Ti .68. About as good as a daily shaver can get. For a no thought shave where one wants comfort over efficiency, this is the one to beat. At least in my experience. Never a bad shave, ever.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1530321

Sometimes I think I need one, but not today.

Beautiful razor, Gus.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom