What's new

Review: Timeless Ti .95

My Timeless Bitsa has arrived. Very nice. The weight is perfect with the SS head and Ti base plate. Pairs nice with a 60g SS handle. I'll do a separate thread on it when I use it later today. One week from ordering to my door in the UK. Pretty good I'd say.

I sold my ej de89, Mhule r41, slim adjustable, and game changer

I have the Muhle R89 (which I believe it's similar to the DE89), the Muhle R41, and the Merkur Futur clone from Qshave.

After getting the Futur clone I'm basically just using it, normally in the maximum setting (which from what I understand is a bit less aggressive than the "real" Futur), which I find as efficient as the R41 but much smoother on your face. The R89 requires too many passes to get me where I want (leading to irritation), and the R41 is too aggressive for my liking.

I'm looking to upgrade from the "cheap Chinese clone" to something better. The Game Changer is a typical recommendation, together with the Rockwell 6S, and the Gillette Slim if I want to go vintage. These are currently in my short list, but digging into options, I ended up here reading about the Timeless Ti .95. :)

Since, you had similar razors in the past, I would be interested to understand:
1. From the razors you tried, what would be as efficient as a R41 but smoother (ideally to shave every 1-2 days)?
2. Would the Game Changer be a good option, or is the Timeless Ti .95 a clear upgrade?
3. What combination of gap and comb would you recommend for the Game Changer and for the Timeless?
4. Did you upgrade from the Timeless in the meanwhile?

Sorry for the long list of questions. Thanks in advance!

Happy Sunday everyone,

So I’ve spent some time using my Timeless ti .95 and I must say I don’t think I’ll have to try another razor for any reason other than for just the sake of doing so. But as far as the shave itself is concerned, I don’t think it can be beat.

For the majority of my shaves with it, I’ve used a GSB, stirling barbershop, my Yaqi synthetic, and Thayer’s witch hazel for post shave. I did this to keep as many variables as I could constant.

The blade gap is .95mm which makes the angle very easy to find along with providing a wide range of angles that can be used to suit your own techniques and preferences. However, even though the blade gap is .95, the blade exposure is not very significant which makes the razor feel relatively mild and well tamed. Being that it is made out of titanium, it is significantly lighter than most ss razors I have tried and offers a softer face feel than any ss razor I have tried. This is what I think makes it mild feeling since I’ve heard people who have both the ti and ss versions say that they are two completely different feeling razors, with the ss feeling significantly more aggressive.

The efficiency and smoothness of this razor is top notch. My first shave with this razor, I had 4 days of growth just for the sake of testing. I typically shave every other day or two. My beard is not very full/thick, but I have very course thick/whiskers. With one pass, almost everything was mowed off. My entire face was bbs after the second pass and received no irritation. My neck faired nicely as well. I do not chase bbs on my neck due to irritation so I usually stick to one pass down there. This razor did an excellent job in one pass and was very close to bbs but I left it as is with no irritation.

The second pass was very smooth and comfortable and demolished all of the little remaining hair that was left with zero irritation.

I have sold off all of my other razors which is a testament to the timeless ti .95. It is by far the best razor I have owned thus far and I would be surprised if I find a razor that beats it in the future. View attachment 945502

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with you that the Timeless Ti SB .95mm gap is a great razor it was my only razor for 6 months, enjoy yours for a long time. If you have a chance and want to you could get the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.25mm head and continue to use your Timeless handle, the cost would be around $270.00 for the head, if you did not like it it is easily sellable on the BST.

The difference between the two heads is that the WR2 holds the blade even firmer than the Timeless therefore the shave is even smoother.

But that may be down the road for you, or not, either way you currently have an incredible razor enjoy.

Doug

This is my WR2 with the Timeless handle.
0F0F4C1D-FF23-4466-ABC8-02CE56186C43.jpeg

I agree with you that the Timeless Ti SB .95mm gap is a great razor it was my only razor for 6 months, enjoy yours for a long time. If you have a chance and want to you could get the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.25mm head and continue to use your Timeless handle, the cost would be around $270.00 for the head, if you did not like it it is easily sellable on the BST.

The difference between the two heads is that the WR2 holds the blade even firmer than the Timeless therefore the shave is even smoother.

But that may be down the road for you, or not, either way you currently have an incredible razor enjoy.

Doug

This is my WR2 with the Timeless handle.View attachment 1391155
Quick question since you are in here. Would you say the WR2 has less blade projection from the top cap than the Timeless? I like my Timeless, but I am still trying to find a razor that hides all but the last mm of blade like my Henson. I know the Windsor, am considering the Overlander and am still unsure about the Yates. Thanks.

Quick question since you are in here. Would you say the WR2 has less blade projection from the top cap than the Timeless? I like my Timeless, but I am still trying to find a razor that hides all but the last mm of blade like my Henson. I know the Windsor, am considering the Overlander and am still unsure about the Yates. Thanks.
I would say the exposure from the top cap is about the same on the WR2. I got up and took a picture for you.

Doug
6FCA2C2E-4A6D-4A7D-B52E-FC754427046D.jpeg

I love every Timeless razor I’ve tried (Slim, .68, .95), but I’ve come to prefer the .68. I’m able to get a BBS shave in 2 passes + cleanup, just like the .95. The only difference is that less care is required with the .68. Initially I thought the .95 had more blade feel, but there is a sweet spot with the .68 where the blade feel nearly matches the .95. It’s hard to go wrong with any of the Timeless offerings, however.

Top Bottom