What's new

Review: The Artisan Soap Shop Steam (Tallow)

proxy.php

This review will be on the TASS Steam (Tallow) shave soap.

The gear will be a Merkur 23c head on a WSC 84g handle, Astra SP blade (3rd shave) and an Omega 10098 Pro boar brush.

Description and ingredients: @West Coast Shaving exclusive base, this simple recipe is tallow-based. It whips up a slippery lather for a great shave. It creates a rich, thick, and creamy lather that will protect and moisturize your skin. You get 6oz of soap in an 8oz black, screwtop tub for easy loading. This soap loads quickly and producing a great lather in a matter of moments.

Size: 6oz of soap

Made in the USA

Ingredients: Tallow, Coconut Oil, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Fragrance

Scent: 6/10 This is a very weak scent. Very close to being unscented. It just smells like soap to me. It does have a very “clean) smell to it though. This would be perfect for those that like a mild scent but it just wasn’t for me. I paired it with Clubman Original Classic but it would pair with just about anything.

Lather: 10/10 It’s tallow based so it’s thirsty just like their other soaps. I did not pre-soak the soap but it still loaded easily with just a wet brush. I then transferred to my scuttle and commenced to building lather, adding water as needed, until I had a thick, rich, very slick and very fragrant lather. I had more than enough for my standard 3 passes and a very good BBS shave. It had excellent slickness and face feel with no tightness afterwards.

There were no issues after the shave with irritation or anything else.

Conclusion: This one won’t stay in my rotation. I will finish the tub though. Performance wise, it’s right there with the rest of the soaps. Others may like it so I will say with this one, YMMV.

Thank you for reading and happy shaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review, I really enjoy this soap. I like using it when I want something "light" scented if that makes sense. Great performing soap!

Great review, I really enjoy this soap. I like using it when I want something "light" scented if that makes sense. Great performing soap!

It makes perfect sense. It’s actually growing on me. I can see the appeal of a lightly scented soap. And yes, the performance is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom