What's new

REview Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum. for older people only ?

There are several bay rums without alcohol.
altho it defies the term "rum"!
search on HTGAM aftershave, for instance.
I have his cavendish aftershave and it's excellent.

There are several bay rums without alcohol.
altho it defies the term "rum"!
search on HTGAM aftershave, for instance.
I have his cavendish aftershave and it's excellent.
Thanks sarimento1!

Took me a minute to figure out what the heck HTGAM was, but found it (I think)! Thanks for the lead, appreciate it!

So far I love them all. Have gone from not putting anything on to something from the den every day.. It's a nice change.

Roger that, up until I started wet shaving I used nothing, no scents at all. Then I (begrudgingly) started with A/S balms which I grew to enjoy. That's been a few years now. I bought a bottle of Pinaud Classic Vanilla a month or so ago on the B/S/T, and now, see the pic... My wife is in shock...:laugh: BTW, the Ogallala BR is pretty clov-ey, but I dig it anyway...
$Fragrences 071014.jpg

Last edited:
I found it too woodsy and a lot of cinnamon smelling, just didn't expect that from it, for some reason I thought it would have had a more sweeter soothing smell, but im not an expert on bay rums yet, face feel was great though! Other posts suggest the bay rum is more of a Christmas or fall scent, and that the classic clubman is better for everyday use, so im gonna try that next.

Get yourself the Ogallala Bay Rum Sampler set. You are likely to find something in there that's to your tastes. Captain's Choice is great too!

I found it too woodsy and a lot of cinnamon smelling, just didn't expect that from it, for some reason I thought it would have had a more sweeter soothing smell, but im not an expert on bay rums yet, face feel was great though! Other posts suggest the bay rum is more of a Christmas or fall scent, and that the classic clubman is better for everyday use, so im gonna try that next.

HBG for men doesn't get much press, but I hear they make a sweeter smelling bay rum aftershave (they have a talc free powder too). It will be my next purchase if I decide against that RR Don Marco splash

HBG for men doesn't get much press, but I hear they make a sweeter smelling bay rum aftershave (they have a talc free powder too). It will be my next purchase if I decide against that RR Don Marco splash
I've got some HBG Bay Rum. It smell nothing like "classic" bay rum. It is quite pleasant but not a bay rum. (Barclay and Crocker BAY RUM is the "classic" fragrance of which I'm thinking.)

Holy thread resurrection Batman! :001_tongu

I do love VIBR the most out of all the Pinaud line. Even better in Bootlegger’s!

Was prepared to dip a toe into the bay rum world. Was going to start with Clubman. Flunked the GF test spectacularly. So that's that.

A few years ago I had some, now gone, St. John's VIBR, both the aftershave and talc. Loved it. Just bought a small sampler bottle. Either the formula has changed or the sample was mismarked, adulterated, or older than sin. Not even a hint of bay rum.
Do you have any experience with C.O. Bigelow #32? Or can you recommend any BR that has that classic scent?

I am mid-30s and love the smell of VIBR...spicy clove scent that goes on strong and then dissipates to a much milder scent rather quickly. I love the stuff. My wife approves...all is good!

M

Member 113878

I've got some HBG Bay Rum. It smell nothing like "classic" bay rum. It is quite pleasant but not a bay rum.
Indeed.
HBG Bay Rum smells rather barbershop.
VIBR is nice but not my favorite.
Still exploring with bay rums so I ordered a bottle of the new alcohol-free one from Taconic.
Will see!

Was prepared to dip a toe into the bay rum world. Was going to start with Clubman. Flunked the GF test spectacularly. So that's that.

Time for a new girlfriend then!

I’m 34 VIBR from clubman was one of the first aftershaves I bought. I’ll always have some form of bay rum in my rototation. Supposedly the black ship or Blackbeard grooming aftershaves are the bomb, they make a lime one I’m going to try after I use up my current bay rum.

The best thing about bay rum is that it makes you smell like Daytona beach, bad decisions, ladies of the night, and a good Romeo julieta cigar all in one.

My absolute favorite Bay Rum is D.R. Harris but it is a fairly light scent that faded in less than 30 minutes. If I could find the same scent but stronger with more staying power, I’d buy it by the gallon.

Until then, I’ll use PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum when I want something stronger.

Try the Gabel's Bay Rum. It is a wonderful product. Barber Supply shops online is the only locations that I've found it.
MM879

Young or old, everyone’s tastes are are different. Both of my sons are in high school and love Gabel’s Bay Rum as well as Pinaud’s Lime Sec, Citrus Musk, Whiskey Woods, and Gent’s Gin. They discovered these by trying mine. They also are fans of many modern colognes. It’s what you like, not what some stereotype says you should like. I teach high school and can tell you many kids today consider it cool to not conform to what “everyone else” is doing.

Top Bottom