What's new

Review: LEA Classic Shaving Soap

I ordered 2 pucks of the LEA Classic soap a couple of months ago and first few lathers were a disaster! Very thin and a bit foamy. Shave was below average! The scent was amazing and subtle menthol was a delight on the final cold water rinse. These two factors kept me going and after a few uses, I realised it's one of those soaps that doesn't produce thick proto-lather but actually fairly thin foam which needs to be worked on the face until it thickens.

Once I dialled it in, I fell in love with it! I shot up to being tied at #1 with MWF (something which hasn't happened since I first used MWF in 2009!).

The lather is thick, slick and softens the tough beard extremely well. Many soaps out there produce fantastic, thick, yoghurt like lather but fail to really soften the stubble. The LEA Classic soap does it extremely well.

The post shave feel rivals MWF and this is the only soap out of the ~50 I've used over the last 8 years to do this! The soap is so packed with skin caring goodies, it's really no surprise how well it conditions the skin and leaves it supple and looking very healthy (to the point where others have commented!)

My advice with this soap is to leave the brush (I only use boar) a bit wet (not dripping, just shake it well but don't squeeze the brush) and load heavily. It'll produce a lot of foam, it's all good, add it all to your brush and face lather and just watch it thicken up and glisten in the light! Add a bit of water as needed but be careful with how much you add.

For me, the soap excels in each and every aspect of shaving soap and I love it so much, I placed an order for 13 more pucks to round out my supply to 15 (this is more than my MWF stash, which I would never have thought would ever happen!).

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
13 more pucks!! Save some for us ... :tongue_sm

Nice review, glad you found another winner. I'm hoping to try some soon.

13 more pucks!! Save some for us ... :tongue_sm

Nice review, glad you found another winner. I'm hoping to try some soon.

I got mine from TVB shaving and as far as I can see, they have great prices and B&B10 gets you 10% off your order.

I also like the LEA puck. It is a hard puck that looks like MWF but it has a hint of menthol and sandalwood, so the scent is unique, and the performance was great IMO. It gets a lot of mixed reviews online, and is not seen a whole lot on the SOTD threads, but I found it to make a rich slick lather.

I ordered 2 pucks of the LEA Classic soap a couple of months ago and first few lathers were a disaster! Very thin and a bit foamy. Shave was below average! The scent was amazing and subtle menthol was a delight on the final cold water rinse. These two factors kept me going and after a few uses, I realised it's one of those soaps that doesn't produce thick proto-lather but actually fairly thin foam which needs to be worked on the face until it thickens.

Once I dialled it in, I fell in love with it! I shot up to being tied at #1 with MWF (something which hasn't happened since I first used MWF in 2009!).

The lather is thick, slick and softens the tough beard extremely well. Many soaps out there produce fantastic, thick, yoghurt like lather but fail to really soften the stubble. The LEA Classic soap does it extremely well.

The post shave feel rivals MWF and this is the only soap out of the ~50 I've used over the last 8 years to do this! The soap is so packed with skin caring goodies, it's really no surprise how well it conditions the skin and leaves it supple and looking very healthy (to the point where others have commented!)

My advice with this soap is to leave the brush (I only use boar) a bit wet (not dripping, just shake it well but don't squeeze the brush) and load heavily. It'll produce a lot of foam, it's all good, add it all to your brush and face lather and just watch it thicken up and glisten in the light! Add a bit of water as needed but be careful with how much you add.

For me, the soap excels in each and every aspect of shaving soap and I love it so much, I placed an order for 13 more pucks to round out my supply to 15 (this is more than my MWF stash, which I would never have thought would ever happen!).

You're tempting me! Gotta be strong. Must have several years worth of yesterday's hot items.

I also like the LEA puck. It is a hard puck that looks like MWF but it has a hint of menthol and sandalwood, so the scent is unique, and the performance was great IMO. It gets a lot of mixed reviews online, and is not seen a whole lot on the SOTD threads, but I found it to make a rich slick lather.

I like that it's real sandalwood oil and not synthetic. The Oak moss also mixes in very nicely! It's a very, very nice scent to my nose.

Is the puck scented like the stick?

I have the LEA stick too and rarely use it because I find the scent very boring, even though the performance is first class!

The puck is sandalwood and moss scented and I like it a lot. The sandalwood is the dominant scent but I get the moss in the background and this combination makes it one of my favourite scents.

Thanks Nav! I've added the Lea Puck to the "to get" list. I enjoy sandalwood scents. I've got the stick and like the scent (soapy), and the performance is superb, but think the scent of the puck sounds better.

I've used it a few times now, and it is definitely a fine performer. While I like the slight menthol feel, I don't find the scent notable in either a positive or negative way. I have some LaToja that I grated into a puck and find the performance comparable but prefer its scent to the LEA Classic.

Top Bottom